V Lounge fire started in kitchen
October 19, 2017 | 79° | Check Traffic

Top News

V Lounge fire started in kitchen


Firefighters put out a blaze in the kitchen of the V Lounge nightclub on 1344 Kona Street early this morning.

Fire dispatchers received a call at 2:42 a.m. regarding smoke coming from the roof of the establishment,  said Honolulu Fire Capt. Terry Seelilg.

The fire was extinguished at 2:50 a.m.  Firefighters said the fire began in an oven, although what started the fire is unknown at this time.

There was no immediate damage estimate.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.