Candle blamed for fire at Kahala Mall yoga studio
May 26, 2017 | 74° | Check Traffic

Top News

Candle blamed for fire at Kahala Mall yoga studio


An unattended candle left burning started a fire that caused an estimated $1,000 in damage to a Kahala Mall yoga studio early Monday, a fire department spokesman said.

Firefighters were dispatched at 1:37 a.m. to a fire at CorePower Yoga, Capt. Tery Seelig said. The crew used a fire extinguisher and had the fire out in about five minutes, he said. The fire was ruled to be an accident.

The fire burned part of the wood floor and cracked a window, Seelig said. The rest of the mall was not affected, he said.

“It’s fortunate we got there before the fire activated the sprinkler heads, which would have caused more damage to the wood floor,” Seelig said.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email