South Kohala residents treated for exhaust fumes
May 25, 2017 | 75° | Check Traffic

Top News

South Kohala residents treated for exhaust fumes


Two residents of a South Kohala home were treated for exhaust fumes Sunday after a malfunctioning pool heater rendered them unconscious, the Hawaii County Fire Department said.

Firefighters responded to an 11:09 a.m. alarm to a two-story house in the Mauna Kea Fairways residential development, the fire department said. They found two unresponsive people inside and took them out of the house.

Officials said a possible malfunction of the pool heater’s exhaust sytem may have caused the problem. The house has a pool outside the living room. The residents were treated and allowed to return home.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email