Fire causes $20K in damage to outdoor furniture in Wahiawa
May 24, 2017 | 80° | Check Traffic

Top News

Fire causes $20K in damage to outdoor furniture in Wahiawa


Alert firefighters kept an outdoor fire from causing major damage to a Wahiawa home Saturday afternoon.

A crew from the Wahiawa Fire Station reportedly spotted smoke coming from the Walker Avenue residence and found some outdoor furniture on fire.

The firefighters doused the fire before it could spread around 2:30 p.m.

The fire, which was caused by unattended outdoor cooking, did an estimated $20,000 in damage to the outside of the home.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email