Electrical outlet malfunction causes Kailua apartment fire
May 29, 2017 | 72° | Check Traffic

Top News

Electrical outlet malfunction causes Kailua apartment fire

  • generic_honolulu-fire-dept.-logo


An electrical malfunction of a wall outlet behind a kitchen refrigerator was the cause of a fire that caused $65,000 in damage Tuesday to a Kailua apartment structure, according to the Honolulu Fire Department.

Fire spokesman Terry Seelig said Wednesday that the fire caused damage to the second-story apartment at 547 Wailepo St. Unit 4, including the kitchen and part of the living room and rafters. The Red Cross assisted a woman occupant in finding other shelter.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.