Man shocked by electricity at Punahou School
May 22, 2017 | 81° | Check Traffic

Top News

Man shocked by electricity at Punahou School


A 68-year-old man apparently received an electrical shock at Punahou School about noon Wednesday.

Emergency Medical Services officials reported his condition to be serious, and said he fell from a ladder after the electrical shock.

A spokeswoman for the school said in a written e-mail that the man was a school electrician involved in an electrical accident.

The man was taken to the hospital where he was being treated and held for observation.

The school is looking into the circumstances of the accident, but did not release any further details.

“Our priority at this time is the well-being of our employee,” the school said.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email