8 displaced by $6,800 house fire in Wailuku
May 24, 2017 | 82° | Check Traffic

Top News

8 displaced by $6,800 house fire in Wailuku


A Maui house fire displaced eight people Thursday evening.

When fire crews arrived at the Wailuku house at 2164 W. Vineyard St., the resident had put out the fire before firefighters arrived.

A fire inspector determined the cause was due to an accidental cooking fire.

Damage to the 720-square-foot, single-story structure was an estimated $4,800 to the structure and $2,000 to the contents.

No one was injured.

Four adults and four children, however, were displaced. The American Red Cross, Hawaii State Chapter, was assisting.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.