Surfer Awards 2017 at Turtle Bay Resort
Surfer magazine hosted the Surfer Awards at Turtle Bay Resort on Dec. 6. As voted in by their peers, surfers and readers of the magazine, John Florence and Carissa Moore topped the awards as best male and female surfer; Kai Lenny took the Heavy Water award for his big-wave rides, and the North Shore Lifeguard Association was honored as an Agent of Change.
More TGIF Photos
- Hawaii island police confirm 2 car-theft suspects arrested, 1 shot, during manhunt for officer’s killer
- Luke tells HART board to move rail project mauka
- Salmonella outbreak in 26 states, including Hawaii, tied to raw turkey
- Acai bowl business in Waipahu fined $1K for operating without a permit
- Gunshots are fired during pursuit of officer’s suspected killer