• Monday, September 24, 2018
  • 85°

Top News

Man’s finger blown off in aerial firework explosion on Big Isle

ADVERTISING

A 40-year-old man had a finger blown off when an aerial firework exploded in his hand on Hawaii island Sunday night.

Firefighters responding to a call at a Hilo home Sunday at 9:24 p.m. arrived to find the man in the front yard with his right index finger amputated. An aerial firework had accidentally exploded while he was holding it, the fire department said.

Paramedics transported the man to the hospital.

Comments (44)
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Scroll Up