2018 Moanikeala Hula Festival at the PCC
The Polynesian Cultural Center paid tribute to its first teacher, Aunty Sally Moanikeala Wood Nalua, at its 28th annual Moanikeala Hula Festival on Feb. 3. Naluai, who died in 2000, had many students who went on to form their own halau.
More TGIF Photos
- Leilani Estates family ‘heartbroken’ as huge crack swallows up their home
- Big Island Mayor Harry Kim diagnosed with walking pneumonia
- Kilauea’s sulfur dioxide emissions climbing, scientists say
- Campers migrate daily from Kakaako sidewalks to Mother Waldron Park
- A high-rise pool with a new view — of scaffolding