55th Annual Merrie Monarch Festival
The 55th Annual Merrie Monarch Festival brought out the best in Hawaiian spirit and artistry last weekend at Edith Kanakaole Stadium in Hilo. Kumu hula Napua Greig of Halau Na Lei Kaumaka o Uka of Maui took the overall title with her soloist Shalia Kapuau‘ionalani Kikuyo Kamakaokalani named Miss Aloha Hula; her troupe took first in the wahine auana competition.
More TGIF Photos
- Sell-off in industrial, tech stocks sends Dow down 400
- Shoplifter breaks wrist of Ewa Beach store security guard, police say
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser launches new mobile app
- Hawaiian food is flourishing … in Utah
- In last-minute switch, Adm. Harry Harris tapped to be ambassador to South Korea, not Australia