55th Annual Merrie Monarch Festival
The 55th Annual Merrie Monarch Festival brought out the best in Hawaiian spirit and artistry last weekend at Edith Kanakaole Stadium in Hilo. Kumu hula Napua Greig of Halau Na Lei Kaumaka o Uka of Maui took the overall title with her soloist Shalia Kapuau‘ionalani Kikuyo Kamakaokalani named Miss Aloha Hula; her troupe took first in the wahine auana competition.
More TGIF Photos
- FBI offers reward for capture of suspect in fatal shooting of Hawaii island officer
- Hawaii rolls out first wave of free WiFi hotspots throughout isles
- Construction contractor crew hauls in 1,000-pound marlin off of Kauai
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian spy
- Early morning collapse explosion destroys structure in Leilani Estates