A fire that gutted a home in Foster Village Wednesday was caused by an electrical malfunction in a wall outlet in the garage, fire officials said Friday.
The Honolulu Fire Department said its investigators determined the fire at 1231 Kukila St. was accidental. No one was injured, although four people were in the home and able to escape.
The home was engulfed in flames at about 5:32 p.m., and firefighters had the fire under control at 5:55 p.m. It was fully extinguished by 8:03 p.m.
Damage was estimated at $350,000, and an addition $25,000 for two vehicles that were in the garage.