August 30, 2016 | 77° | Check Traffic

Top News

Fryer oil catches fire, destroys home in Mountain View

A kitchen fire caused $128,000 damage to a home in Mountain View Thursday night, Hawaii County firefighters said.

The fire broke out at about 7:13 p.m. and was brought under control at 7:45 p.m.

Firefighters said the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived at the home at 18-1263 Kona St. at about 7:36 p.m.

A resident at home when the fire broke out said he was frying food when the oil caught on fire and spread to the structure.

There were no injuries.

The Red Cross is assisting the people who lived at the home with shelter, food and clothing.

 

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.