May 30, 2016 | 78° | Check Traffic

Top News

CNN producers released after allegedly trying to sneak onto World Trade Center site

  • In this combination of two photos provided by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department, Cable News Network producers Yon Pomrenze, left, and Connor Fieldman Boals, are shown after their arrests on Tuesday. (AP Photo/Port Authority of New York and New Jersey)

    In this combination of two photos provided by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department, Cable News Network producers Yon Pomrenze, left, and Connor Fieldman Boals, are shown after their arrests on Tuesday. (AP Photo/Port Authority of New York and New Jersey)

NEW YORK » Two CNN producers have been released without bail after being accused of trying to breach security at the World Trade Center site.

Connor Fieldman Boals and Yon Pomrenze were arraigned Wednesday on a misdemeanor attempted criminal trespass charge. Their lawyers didn’t immediately return calls.

Their arrests Tuesday came a day after four men were arrested over a September skydive off the unfinished 1 World Trade Center tower. A teenage boy was accused of scaling it earlier this month.

A court complaint says Boals tried to get through a non-public gate and turnstile and climbed halfway up a fence. The complaint says Pomrenze took video of the episode.

A CNN spokeswoman has said the producers were reporting on the recent security breaches and were not asked to sneak onto the site.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.