Quantcast

Thursday, July 31, 2014         

KAUAKŪKALAHALE


 Print   Email   Comment | View 58 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Mai Unuhi i ka Maopopo

For Saturday, April 20, 2013

Na Halemano Kalahiki, Kawelau Wright a me ‘Ehulani Naki

POSTED:



Synopsis: With Hawai'i State Assessment testing in our public schools, supporters of the Hawaiian Language Immersion Program have called for fair testing for immersion students whose academic proficiency is to be measured in a language other than that of school instruction.

———

"Ua liliuewe nä ho'omana a pau, e ke hoa, mai ka puni-puni, ka weliweli, ka 'älunu, ka makakü, a me ke mele."

'Oiai ua unuhi 'ia këia wahi 'ölelo a ka mea käkau 'o 'Ekala Alana Pö, 'a'ole nö paha i maopopo iä 'oukou, e nä hoa heluhelu, ka mana'o pono o nëia 'ölelo. 'O ia ka pilikia o ka Hö'ike Ana Külana 'Ike i haku 'ia no nä keiki kula kaiapuni. 'Oiai 'a'ole a'o 'ia ka 'ölelo Pelekane i nä kula kaiapuni a hiki i ka papa 'elima, i këia makahiki e koi 'ia ana ua mau kula e hä'awi i ka Hö'ike i mälama 'ia i ka 'ölelo haole i nä keiki. A mahu'i 'ia nä kaha a nä keiki e maika'i ma këia hö'ike. Pehea ho'i këia hana na'aupö?

'O kekahi pilikia nui o Ka Papahana Kaiapuni, 'o ia ho'i ka hö'ike näna e loiloi i ka holomua o nä haumäna kaiapuni. 'A'ole pili pono këia hö'ike i ke a'o 'ölelo Hawai'i, no laila, he pono kekahi hö'ike e ho'ohälikelike i ke a'o 'ana ma nä Kula Kaiapuni.

Ma ka lä 29 o Ianuali, ua mälama 'ia kekahi häläwai no këia nïnau. Ma laila nö i häpai mana'o ai nä kumu kaiapuni, nä mäkua, a me ka po'e käko'o i ka 'Ölelo, 'o Baba Yim kekahi. Häpai maila 'o ia i këia mana'o, “'Oiai 'o ka 'ölelo Hawai'i kekahi 'ölelo ko'iko'i o këia moku'äina, e ho'ohana käkou i ia 'ölelo ma nä pae like 'ole o ke a'o 'ana. Inä 'ae 'ia käkou e 'ölelo i kä käkou mau keiki, kükulu i papa ha'awina no nä keiki, a'o a aloha aku i nä keiki ma o këia 'ölelo, e ana käkou i kä läkou 'ike ma o ia 'ölelo nö ho'i. Mai unuhi i ka 'ike Hawai'i o käkou i kekahi 'ölelo 'ë a'e.” Ke unuhi 'ia ka 'ike Hawai'i o käkou, ko käkou mana'o Hawai'i, käpae 'ia ke kuleana i 'ae 'ia i ke a'o mua 'ana i ka 'ölelo e mälama aku i ka 'ölelo hiwahiwa. 'Ï maila 'o Baba, “E kükulu 'ia kekahi papa ha'awina mai ka ho'omaka a i ka palena pau ma ka 'ölelo Hawai'i."

'O nä haumäna o nä kula kaiapuni nä haumäna kiakahi e hana ana i ka Hö'ike Ana Külana 'Ike i kekahi 'ölelo 'oko'a i a'o 'ole i ko läkou kula. Inä maika'i 'ole nä kaha, aia ana ke kula ma lalo o ka Ho'oponopono, 'o ia ho'i ka "Restructuring." I mea ia e ho'äpono ai i ke kula, a e käpae 'ia ai paha kekahi mau kumu kula e ke aupuni o 'Amelika. Pa'akikï loa ka lilo 'ana i kumu kula maika'i, a 'a'ole pono ke käpae 'ana i nä kumu kula kaiapuni ma muli o ka hö'ike maika'i 'ole.

'O ka ho'oki'eki'e 'ana aku i ka 'ölelo Pelekane ka mea 'äpiki. 'Oiai he 'ölelo ko'iko'i ka 'ölelo Hawai'i ma nëia 'äina, na ka DOE e käko'o i nä kula kaiapuni i ka hana 'ana i Hö'ike pono no nä kama o Hawai'i nei. No läkou ke kuleana o ke käko'o 'ana i nä kula kaiapuni, eia kä, ua 'ike pinepine 'ia ka ho'oki'eki'e 'ana aku i ka 'ölelo Pelekane. 'O ia ho'i ke kumu i haku 'ia ai ka Hö'ike i ka 'ölelo 'ë a unuhi wale i ko käkou me ka mana'o 'ana, he maika'i nö. He ahu 'ala'ala wale ke 'ano Hawai'i iä läkou-ka DOE a me ke aupuni kekahi-a 'o ke 'ano Haole ka mea nui. Iä läkou, he häwa'e kai nui këia paio o käkou, akä, 'a'ohe mea hakanele i ke kü 'ana i ka pono. No laila, e nä hoa o ka 'ölelo Hawai'i, e küpa'a käkou a e paepae aku i kä käkou 'ölelo aloha. No ka DOE ke kuleana e käko'o aku i nä kula, a no käkou ho'i ke kuleana e mälama i ka 'ölelo a me nä keiki a käkou. E ola ka 'ölelo Hawai'i, e ola kona mau kahu, kona mau 'öhua, e ola nö kona lähui kanaka.

———

This column is coordinated by Kawaihuelani Center for Hawaiian Language at the University of Hawai'i at Mänoa.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 58 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(58)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
Ken_Conklin wrote:
The penultimate sentence of this essay is very important.

"No ka DOE ke kuleana e käko'o aku i nä kula, a no käkou ho'i ke kuleana e mälama i ka 'ölelo a me nä keiki a käkou."

Yes, the DOE has the responsibility to support the schools and to nurture everyone's children including their ability to express themselves through language.

But then the final sentence focuses on a particular language and a particular racial group.

"E ola ka 'ölelo Hawai'i, e ola kona mau kahu, kona mau 'öhua, e ola nö kona lähui kanaka."

What is "kona lahui kanaka" doing in there? Hawaiian language is a treasure for all the people of Hawaii and, indeed, for all people of the world. Hawaiian language belongs to all who speak it, not merely to one racial or nationality group. Caucasians from America created the alphabet and the written form of Hawaiian language. People of all races now read and speak Hawaiian. May it always be so!

There's a resolution under consideration in the legislature demanding that the DOE provide language immersion courses in Mandarin. Of course that would be of interest to ethnic Chinese, especially those who speak Mandarin or Cantonese in the home. But the resolution makes clear that a major reason for supporting it is because China is a powerful and wealthy nation, and Americans need to have some people (of all races) who are able to read and speak Mandarin.

That's the right sort of reason to support language immersion programs. Not to cater to a racial group. And certainly not to foster a political sovereignty movement. The right reason to support language immersion programs is to strengthen our nation (America!) by having citizens who can appreciate the unique beauty of expression offered by the languages of the world; who can keep track of what's happening in other nations; and who can do business throughout the world.


on April 20,2013 | 06:53AM
DiverDave wrote:
Nice Ken, The ultimate goal of any education program is to prepare a student be ready to compete in the general population, not segregate them and teach them a different language that will not allow them to equally compete upon graduation. Polynesian-Hawaiian is spoken no where else in the world, yet huge sums of money are spent by the State in order to teach it. If these schools are truly "separate but equal" they should have to prove it by taking the same tests as all other children in the State do. Anything less would be a disservice to the children, and only prove that these children are being intentionally segregated, used for a political agenda, all for the purpose of indoctrination into the sovereignty kook fringe. By the way, "separate but equal" has been already determined by the U.S. Supreme Court to be illegal. Why are these schools allowed to exist? Can't they learn Polynesian-Hawaiian in a class just like other kids that desire to learn French, or Spanish do? How about an after school club? Why separate schools? The notion that somehow Polynesian-Hawaiians "learn differently" than all other races of the planet is racist in itself.
on April 20,2013 | 09:05AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
YOU commented that it is so great that people can practice their culture any time. Now you are backtracking. This is exactly what I was saying about you. You want to restrict and limit what others can do, as if you are some admonishing parent of children who need to be taught how to behave. How racist of you as a white person to act like you know what is best for Hawaiians more than they do themselves. There is a dictatorship somewhere that oppresses its minorities in the same way. Find it and become its president and leave the Hawaiians alone.
on April 20,2013 | 12:23PM
DiverDave wrote:
Yes, that comment was pertaining I recall to the Merry Monarch Hula Festival in Hilo. I said, "Isn't nice that in this great country one can practice one's culture any time they want. God Bless America!" The context was in relationship to practicing one's culture on one's own time and dime. Not an employer's time. Not on the tax payer's dime! Using your thought process, every ethnicity in the U.S. should have their own school systems. LOL, you're so ridiculously funny! You're just another Walter Murray Gibson, that's what you are. LOL, rolling on the floor laughing at you!
on April 20,2013 | 02:14PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Language is -->A PART OF<--- culture, brightness. When you restrict language you restrict culture. This kind of uneducated comment is just par for the course from someone who calls people red diaper doope babies and singles out families for harassment during their bereavement. considering the fact that you make antagonistic jokes about everything here, this is obviously not surprising.
on April 20,2013 | 07:37PM
DiverDave wrote:
David Rogers, Who is restricting language? The article is simply about these "immersion" schools not wanting to adhere to DOE requirements of testing that all other children and schools do in the State. They are receiving funding by the State, and unless they do not want the tax payer's dime, they must comply with the DOE requirements. Plain and simple.
on April 21,2013 | 01:32AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Your racist and xenophobic comments stand as is as a response to your own ridiculous question. Are you playing dûmb or just trying really hard to appear more vapidly naive than you are ? Anyone with an 8th grade reading level can see what your comments above say. (PS THEY'RE going to read your comments up above THERE and make up THEIR own mind about your racism.) Really? I mean, really. Oh wait. This is just another of your antagonistic jokes. never mind.
on April 21,2013 | 08:10PM
DiverDave wrote:
Answer my question in response to your attack. Who is restricting language?
on April 22,2013 | 10:18PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
I wasn't attacking you. I was defending myself against you. What a lame joke that was from you, just like your diaper dooper baby comment. Immaturity at its finest.
on April 23,2013 | 04:34PM
DiverDave wrote:
Lame answer David Rogers! Who is restricting language?
on April 23,2013 | 11:07PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Ahhh playing stûpíd again, oh wait. You're not playing. I do not take orders from you. The answer is above in black and white.
on April 24,2013 | 05:33PM
DiverDave wrote:
Who is restricting language? You said: "You want to restrict and limit what others can do", then you said: "When you restrict language you restrict culture". Since that is a key point of your argument, answer the question. Who is restricting anyone's language?
on April 24,2013 | 11:21PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
I don't have to, numbnuts. You just did that for me. *headslap*
on April 26,2013 | 05:02PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Terii_Kelii wrote: "You Stalin. You Hitler. I knew you have always wanted the Hawaiians dead. Now you admitted it, you hate filled racist."

Wow! You're a big twister and distorter of Hawaiian history and also of what other people say. I NEVER said such things, nor do I harbor any such feelings. You merely show how juvenile you are, and how much you hate me, when you lie about such things.


on April 20,2013 | 04:54PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
What I was saying is that the final sentence in today's essay was unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic. A language belongs to all the people who read and speak it. A language exists independent of geography or nationality or race. The Latin language continues to exist even though the Roman Empire died about 1500 years ago, Rome is merely a city in Italy, and neither the people in Italy nor the people in "Latin" America speak Latin any better than anyone else.
on April 20,2013 | 04:55PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
E ola mau ka 'olelo Hawai'i. 'Ae. E o. Maika'i. I used to have a bumper sticker with that sentence on it, until I had to get a new car and couldn't find those stickers anymore. Just went to the annual festival for na 'ekolu mau papa kaiapuni ma ke Kula o Pu'ohala ma Kane'ohe i kela po'aono aku nei, hoping to find that bumper sticker. "Makemake au e ku'ai mai he pepili ka'a me ka 'olelo pokole "E ola mau ka 'olelo Hawai'i." But they didn't have any.
on April 20,2013 | 04:56PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Hawaiian language will always live even if a huge earthquake and climate change cause these islands to be forever submerged. Even if some horrible disease attacks the Hawaiian gene and kills every person who has any Hawaiian native ancestry -- even then the Hawaiian language will live, because there are people of all races who love it and will continue to read and speak it. Whoa! Now hold on. Did I just say I want to see the Hawaiian race exterminated? I'll bet that's how you'll twist my meaning, because you're full of hatred and want to twist my meaning to suit your own purposes. Of course that's not what I said and not what I meant. What I'm saying is that the language is not dependent upon the race, and the closing sentence of today's essay was unnecessary and irrelevant. It's what the lawyers call "gratuitous."
on April 20,2013 | 04:57PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Not true AGAIN--> just like last week, I will say it again. That is not true. I am nothing like you. You SAY that you do not harbor those feelings and you never said those things. Oh... YES you did. I was not quoting you, but you did say words that expressed that precise feeling, Hitler. Out of alllllllll the points made in the article, you skip everything and target one single sentence that you admit bothers you- E ola mau kona lāhui Hawai‘i. Then you clearly provide a misleading, spurrious, and ultimately futile attempt to explain away your hatred for Hawaiians with a phony excuse that you incredulously think is logical. However, like the faulty logic you used to attack Soli Niheu and his family because you hate him, your faulty logic here just betrays the truth of your words about your hatred of all Hawaiians, not just the late Soli Niheu (January 5, 2013 Kauakukalahale article's comments section)
on April 20,2013 | 08:17PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
You claim languages belong to everyone. Hahahahahahaha funny. Clearly, your PhD in Philosophy is not helping you in other fields, like sociology. The fact that you have a degree in philosophy is indicative of the fact that you are no expert to make such assertions in the first place. You have no diploma in languages, linguistics, communications, sociology, etc. The French, for one, BEG TO DIFFER with your assertion, since L'Ácademie française passes edicts all the time to keep its language purely French. Freedom of speech in France means that 40% of the music on the radio must be French, BY LAW. There is no such law here. The French KNOW that the French language is theirs to keep and theirs to lose. These types of actions are proof that what you say about language being owned globally is just nonsense to give yourself an excuse to dictate YOUR OWN demands on others. In this case, that means destroying the language in order to destroy the people. Not long ago, you demanded over and over again every single Saturday that this column be removed. Do not deny it. I have printouts to prove it. SHALL I MAIL YOU ANOTHER ONE???? Moreover, you insulted it repeatedly, calling it useless and a secret code. Down below you even attack its use as a means of instruction in immersion schools, done under your other account Diaperdave, and under your own name you have likened it to Nazism. That is not a nice way to treat something you claim to own. That is yet another of your sneaky tricks to post your REAL feelings about Hawaiians so as not to make yourself look bad. (PS again - still not working) The only reason you changed your tune is because you realized just how Stalinesque you sounded to others. Your opinions did not change, just your conniving manipulation as your modus operandi changed.
on April 20,2013 | 08:21PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
The Hawaiians speak a language called Hawaiian *headslap!*, not a language called Conklin and not a language called Global Community Property. Hawaiian was created by HAWAIIANS, not some bitter old white man with an insecurity complex and a chip on his shoulder. YOU should be thanking their descendants around you for its creation and their maintaining its continued presence up to today IN SPITE of people like you. Instead, you attack Hawaiian language speakers as you did above, and you demand that they use it the way YOU want and expect, and you demand that they think the way YOU want and you demand that they write the way YOU want. You are a white man telling brown people what to do with their own language. What a domineering and racist twít twit twít you are. KennyKKonklin says '' You little natives be good children for once! You had better do and say as big daddy white man Kenny says because I am white and I am right! Asserting your cultural individualism is wrong, except when white people like me do it,.... like I am doing now!! So speak English and stop... you know... trying to be so Hawaiian around here !!''
on April 20,2013 | 08:43PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
You have some nerve to come here and tell another people how they should talk and use their OWN indigenous language when you cannot even use the language yourself. Hawaiian language does NOT belong to you because you do not know how to use it. As stated previously, your syntax is atrocious, and your lexical choices are full of errors that are clearly indicative that you are putting Hawaiian words over a WHITE MAN's culture. Your sentences sound exactly like the first sentence at the start of today's article - a garbled mess of Hawaiian words over white culture and English grammar. Pig Latin would be better for you. There are many things you said that would NEVER be said in Hawaiian JUST for the fact that your word choices are culturally white. Hence, language and culture are intrinsically connected. Thus, since your knowledge of Hawaiian culture is less than 1% and your language ability is more like 10%, NOT the '' moderate fluency’’ you deceivingly claim, you are nowhere near being a part of Hawaiian language, culture and people such that it belongs to you. Do NOT make me laugh. uh-oh. Too late. If Hawaiian language really belonged to you, then someone should have called Language Protective Services a long time ago and have it returned to its birth parents, because you are just abusing it to death. For reals!!!!
on April 20,2013 | 08:48PM
8082062424 wrote:
your ugly side is showing . your problem is you hate these schools. truth is charter school do better then doe schools. and you do not have to be Hawaiian to attend them.. you hate that these kids are taught the truth and taught to be proud of who they are. by the way these schools get funding from kamehameha schools along with oha and others. other wise they would have fold or turn into the joke some of our doe schools are. the reason they also do so well is parents are working right along with the schools they believe in these schools
on April 22,2013 | 10:37AM
DiverDave wrote:
Then they shouldn't be afraid of the testing. If what you say is true.
on April 22,2013 | 12:40PM
8082062424 wrote:
If you do not believe me go ask any teacher is DOE. they will tell you and also say the reason is parents take part in these schools while most parents want no part of DOE
on April 22,2013 | 01:43PM
DiverDave wrote:
Again, if these schools are so good they shouldn't be afraid of the testing.
on April 22,2013 | 02:00PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
They aren't, numbnuts. Read the article.
on April 24,2013 | 05:34PM
DiverDave wrote:
Oh you are so learned that you throw up at the mouth like a third grader. I don't think the U of H wants anything to do with you David Rogers.
on April 24,2013 | 11:24PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
That comes from someone who called me a "red diaper dooper baby" .... THREE times. fail.
on July 7,2013 | 05:05PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
So basically, to contrast your diatribe to what is actually written, you feel that the Hawaiian people should not live on through the ages, since you stated that you disagree with the author's sentence. You Stalin. You Hitler. I knew you have always wanted the Hawaiians dead. Now you admitted it, you hate filled racist. Thanks for admitting who you truly are. At least everyone knows now your true feelings.
on April 20,2013 | 10:30AM
DiverDave wrote:
Don't know who your comment was for, but as usual you just make a crazy personal attack with no substance. Perhaps you should change your moniker David Rogers from Terii under Kelii to "Know Nothing".
on April 20,2013 | 11:59AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
The comments do not line up randomly. You think you are smart. YOU figure it out.
on April 20,2013 | 12:18PM
8082062424 wrote:
to say the Hawaiian language does not belong to native Hawaiians is insane. That like saying the Japanese or Chinese language does belong to them either. Had there never been any native Hawaiians there would be no Hawaiian language. just because you choose to learn another races language does not make it yours. As far as your comment if all the Hawaiian in theses islands perished it would not matter. we Have so many native Hawaiians state side who are fluent in the language and uphold the culture. some were born there and never been to Hawaii but are Hawaiian same as Hawaiians here. Hawaiians are not going any where 600.00o and growing... with more now having 50 percent hawaiian
on April 22,2013 | 09:09AM
DiverDave wrote:
808 says, "Had there never been any native Hawaiians there would be no Hawaiian language". Polynesian in different nuances is spoken all over the South Pacific. When Capt. Cook first came to Hawaii he was amazed that he could readily communicate with the Polynesians here, as he had previously learned Polynesian on other Islands. Actually, the sentence should read, "If it wasn't for the American Missionaries devising a written Polynesian language, it may not be around today".
on April 22,2013 | 12:46PM
8082062424 wrote:
your full of it they may have not h ave a written but they had a verbal language . each . Polynesian group has there own. gee it even taught at uh. facts are facts.
on April 22,2013 | 01:41PM
holokanaka wrote:
always positive and/or complimentary, maybe even worshiping comments for the ha*le and always negative and/or disrespectful comments for Hawaiians, eh joker. seems like you of maybe one or two other Indians who fell for the american propaganda and brainwashing that slaughtering of your people, steeling their lands and stuffing them on reservation was a benefit for the Indians.
on April 22,2013 | 01:48PM
DiverDave wrote:
Yea, here Polynesian-Hawaiians put themselves on reservations. Here they call the "Hawaiian Home Lands".
on April 22,2013 | 02:03PM
holokanaka wrote:
I guess you don't have a problem with america slaughtering the Indians, stealing their lands and stuffing them on reservations, eh joker. now that I am thinking about it maybe you are a liar and not of Indian ethnicity at all but a full-on ha*le. I guess you have no problem with imperialism, and colonialism and stealing other peoples lands. and yes I know, you say you are an Indian and you are grateful for what america did to your people but don't ever think you can convince this Hawaiian to be grateful for what the ha*le did to my ancesters
on April 22,2013 | 09:26PM
DiverDave wrote:
You and I were not alive then. You have no freedom because you live in the past. I live in the here and now. I have the most precious of freedoms now, in 2013. That is, to be what ever I want to be. I'm sorry that you are not here, but in the past.
on April 22,2013 | 10:26PM
holokanaka wrote:
so that is how you feel, eh joker (my ancesters were slaughtered but so what? I got mine and don't bother me with my ancestors historical horror). and by the way what are the freedoms that you have today that the Indians and the Hawaiians under the Hawaiian Kingdom did not have?
on April 23,2013 | 07:36AM
DiverDave wrote:
The vote for starters, duh.
on April 23,2013 | 10:24AM
holokanaka wrote:
are you saying the Hawaiians per the 1864 Constitution of the Hawaiian Kingdom could not vote joker? how stupid are you?
on April 23,2013 | 01:26PM
DiverDave wrote:
You want to go back to 1864? Only some Polynesians, not all, were allowed. Native Americans didn't vote then, Blacks didn't, and women were not allowed to vote then either. So you are wrong, and off topic as usual.
on April 23,2013 | 01:53PM
DiverDave wrote:
Why not just go back to 1811? Who could vote here then? Oh that's right NOBODY! Holokanaka is the "stupid" one, who lives in the past, and is full of hatred for other races. Poor little holokanaka.
on April 23,2013 | 01:57PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Thanks for admitting what existed in the US - inequality everywhere. The laws have changed on inequality but your actions prove that the attitude towards it has not- white man still trying to keep the brown skinned people down in other ways. Thanks for allowing me to clarify that.
on April 23,2013 | 04:38PM
DiverDave wrote:
When you live in the past, you are part of it. The good as well as the bad. I look to the future and ask "what can be'? How can we make a better planet? You guys are stuck in a time warp you cannot get out of. Poor you. Can't help you. Got to go forward now. Come or be left behind!
on April 23,2013 | 11:13PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
What joke, hypocrite. This is from the same person who brought up Kalakaua under an article about a current bill decriminalizing marijuana. Your foolishness is showing again.
on April 24,2013 | 05:36PM
DiverDave wrote:
What article? You are once again making things up. You are amazing! LOL too many times.
on April 24,2013 | 11:28PM
holokanaka wrote:
I got to ask this question again joker. how stupid are you?
on April 23,2013 | 02:30PM
DiverDave wrote:
Well I was once tested at 179. I'm sure because of people like you that have to have everything explained to them I have lost a few brain cells along the way.
on April 23,2013 | 11:17PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Have you learned the difference between their, there, and they're yet?? 179?? giggle giggle smirk - more antagonistic jokes from you, Kenny. What a pity none of them are funny.
on April 24,2013 | 05:37PM
DiverDave wrote:
Have you received a brain transplant yet David Rogers?
on April 24,2013 | 11:41PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
The Hawaiians speak a language called Hawaiian *headslap!*, not a language called Conklin and not a language called Global Community Property. Hawaiian was created by HAWAIIANS, not some bitter old white man with an insecurity complex and a chip on his shoulder. YOU should be thanking their descendants around you for its creation and their maintaining its continued presence up to today IN SPITE of people like you. Instead, you attack Hawaiian language speakers as you did above, and you demand that they use it the way YOU want and expect, and you demand that they think the way YOU want and you demand that they write the way YOU want. You are a white man telling brown people what to do with their own language. What a domineering and racist twít twit twít you are.
on April 20,2013 | 08:36PM
DiverDave wrote:
David Rogers, Nobody is stopping anyone from learning any language, or practicing their culture. We are talking about rules set by the State not me or Mr. Conklin. The question here is: Should so called "Hawaiian Immersion Schools" be allowed extra ordinary rights not to adhere to the testing rules of the State that funds them with tax payer dollars, that all other children of all other ethnicities and schools in the State do? Aren't these "Immersion" students learning to read and write English too as required by the DOE? Can a student in such a school understand Math, for instance, at the same grade level as a student in any other school in the State? If not why? While you make personal attacks and say we "attack Hawaiian language speakers" that is not the case. We are talking about an Editorial Opinion that is flawed.
on April 21,2013 | 01:13AM
DiverDave wrote:
This whole thing is nothing less than a trial balloon by the so called "Hawaiian Immersion" schools. If they can get autonomy from the DOE rules on this, then they can snub their noses on any rule that the DOE imposes on other schools, all while continuing to be funded by the DOE tax payer monies.
on April 23,2013 | 10:50AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Not true. Since you cannot read the article, you do not know what the issue is. that is why this comment is so off target. PS have you learned the difference between they're, there, and their yet?
on April 23,2013 | 04:39PM
DiverDave wrote:
You are so unaware.
on April 23,2013 | 11:18PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
On the contrary, I am quite aware of how racist you are, Kenny. When do you plan to admit that is who you are? the day I receive your lawsuit??? Oh and did you get my letter yet?
on April 24,2013 | 05:38PM
DiverDave wrote:
Did you forget who you were talking to David Rogers? You still have not answered my question. Who is restricting anyone's language here? Please directly answer the question.
on April 24,2013 | 11:38PM
IN OTHER NEWS
Latest News/Updates
Blogs
Political Radar
`Toss up’

Political Radar
Super

Political Radar
Hilton; Plaza Club

Political Radar
Direct mail

Political Radar
Direct mail

Aperture Cafe
Ramadan #latergram