Quantcast

Wednesday, July 30, 2014         

KAUAKŪKALAHALE


 Print   Email   Comment | View 81 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

'A'ole pau ka 'ike ma ka hālau ho'okahi

For Saturday, January 12, 2013

Na Kaikaina Kekua

POSTED:



Synopsis: Putting one’s child into Hawaiian immersion school is a privilege and comes with responsibility for the child as well as the parents.

———

'Auhea 'oukou, e nā makamaka mai ka lā puka i Ha'eha'e a i ka napo'o o ka lā i ka mole 'olu o Lehua. 'Ike 'ia ma nā kula kaiapuni, nui 'ino nā 'ohana e 'auana ana. Komo akula nā keiki i ke kula 'ōlelo Hawai'i a noho paha no ho'okahi makahiki a emi iho paha a laila ha'alele wale. A i 'ole, ma nā kula nona nā 'ao'ao 'elua, a'o 'ia ma o ka 'ōlelo makuahine a ma o ka 'ōlelo Pelekane nō ho'i, 'auana wale ke keiki i nā 'ao'ao 'elua. Ho'omaka paha ma ka 'ōlelo Pelekane, lele i ka 'ao'ao 'ōlelo Hawai'i, a ma hope paha o ho'okahi makahiki, ho'i aku i ka 'ao'ao 'ōlelo Pelekane. Inā paha i loa'a 'ekolu a 'oi mau 'ōlelo i kekahi kula, inā ua koho paha ka makua e ho'ouna aku i kāna keiki i nā 'ao'ao 'ekolu. Pōmaika'i paha kākou i ka 'ole o ia 'ano kula ma Hawai'i nei.

I mea aha kēia 'auana 'ana? Hoihoi paha ka makua e a'o 'ia kāna keiki ma o ka 'ōlelo makuahine akā hā'awi pio paha ma hope o ho'okahi hapa o ka makahiki. Pa'akikī ke a'o 'ana ma o ka 'ōlelo i like 'ole me ka 'ōlelo o ka 'ohana. Koikoi 'ia nā mākua e hele i nā papa 'ōlelo Hawai'i no ke a'o 'ana a me ke kāko'o 'ana i kā lākou po'e keiki akā inā 'a'ole hele, e pa'akikī ana nō ka hele kula 'ana no ke keiki.

'Ōlelo 'ia, 'a'ole pau ka 'ike ma ka hālau ho'okahi, a he 'oia'i'o nō. Akā, pono e ho'opa'a i ka 'ike o ka hālau ho'okahi ma mua o ka ha'alele 'ana no kekahi hālau. 'O ke kula ha'aha'a kahi e ho'opa'a 'ia ai ke kahua o ke a'o kula 'ana. Inā 'auana wale ke keiki, a hele i nā hālau like 'ole o ke a'o 'ana ma ia wā, e hemahema ana ke kahua.

Kūpa'a au ma hope o ka 'ōlelo Hawai'i, kāko'o au i ke komo 'ana i nā kula kaiapuni akā, e aho e ho'omōakāka aku, 'a'ole like ana ka hana a ka 'ohana me nā kula 'ē a'e. Nui a'e ke kuleana ke hele ke keiki i ke kula kaiapuni, kuleana a ke keiki, kona mau mākua, a me ka 'ohana. 'Oko'a ana ke 'ano o ka nohona o ka 'ohana, a inā noho pa'a ke keiki, 'oko'a ana ho'i ke kuana'ike. 'O ia nō kekahi o nā pōmaika'i o ka hele kula 'ana i nā kula kaiapuni.

Eia ho'i ku'u wahi mana'o i waiho ha'aha'a 'ia ma mua o 'oukou e nā makamaka. E ola mau ka 'ōlelo Hawai'i. Ke ho'i aku nei kēia keiki o ka 'āina lewa, ka 'ōiwi nani i ka hala, ua ahiahi. Aloha auane'i.

(Aloha makahiki hou e Kaikaina a me nā makamaka heluhelu. 'O kekahi pōmaika'i, 'o ia ka loa'a o ia mea he kula kaiapuni i kēia mau lā. No ka mea, i ka wā e kamali'i ana māua nei, nā luna ho'oponopono, 'a'ohe kula kaiapuni, a he laki wale nō ke loa'a ka papa 'ōlelo Hawai'i ma ke kula ha'aha'a, ma ke kula waena, a ma ke kula ki'eki'e paha. A no laila, he keu nā keiki o ka pōmaika'i i kēia mau lā, a pēlā pū nō me nā mākua. L.H.)

———

E ho'ouna 'ia mai na ā leka iā māua, 'o ia ho'i 'o Laiana Wong a me Kekeha Solis ma ka pahu leka uila ma lalo nei:

>> kwong@hawaii.edu
>>
rsolis@hawaii.edu

a i ‘ole ia, ma ke kelepona:

>> 956-2627 (Laiana)
>> 956-2627 (Kekeha)

This column is coordinated by Kawaihuelani Center for Hawaiian Language at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 81 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(81)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
DiverDave wrote:
Hawaiian Immersion Schools= Self imposed Segregation/Racism(Nazi Youth Indoctrination). Why stop there? Why not just start a reservation? Why be hypocrites? No computers, no phones ,no TV, no cars, no running water, no electricity and refrigeration, grass huts with dirt floors. Who is stopping them? After all isn't that the "culture" Polynesians like to claim was "stolen" from them?
on January 12,2013 | 06:01AM
holokanaka wrote:
joker, you are an effing idjut.
on January 12,2013 | 06:37AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
chief joker - he is the main one. He compares them to nazis who would have killed brown-skinned people and who thought white is right. Again Kenny shows two things - highly educated does not equal highly intelligent and his sense of logic lacs both sense and logic. Philospohy 110 is a basic logic course at UHM, and he was a Professor of Philosophy. Oh the irony!!!
on January 12,2013 | 03:10PM
DiverDave wrote:
There you go again, calling me a racist slur like "chief joker". Don't even try to defend your racism.
on January 13,2013 | 10:32PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Since I am not racist, then I have nothing to defend, chief joker. Again, chief and joker are not capitalized and hence they are not names.
on January 16,2013 | 08:59PM
DiverDave wrote:
Why?
on January 13,2013 | 10:30PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
We can provide a top 10 list or you can just go for the whole list of 200. Which do you prefer?
on January 21,2013 | 04:40PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
holokanaka gave his sources of information, you said one source was the Gutenberg commpliation, and my sources are old Hawaiian newpapers, the blount report, microfiched government documents, etc. So now, What is your written and documented source for your allegation above- Hawaiian Immersion Schools= Self imposed Segregation/Racism(Nazi Youth Indoctrination) ? name of article, journal or book (that does not have your errr uhhh Kenny's name on it) ???? I will bet $1000 cash neither of your 2 personalities has ever spent an entire day there. I have.
on January 12,2013 | 11:16AM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Diver Dave is correct. Ku Kahakalau, founder of Kanu O Ka 'Aina charter school, published the following statement of purpose on the school's website: [Looks like I need to break it into pieces to get around the robot censor]
on January 13,2013 | 08:19AM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
"The purpose of Kanu is to provide students of Hawaiian ancestry residing in the Hamakua and Kohala area of Hawai'i Island with an equal opportunity to quality education that addresses their distinctive cultural learning styles and allows them to successfully walk in two worlds. ... Providing culturally driven education, that is specifically designed to meet the unique wants and needs of native students, is Kanu's primary focus.
on January 13,2013 | 08:20AM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
"... The vision of KANU is to become part of the first of many native Hawaiian community designed and controlled comprehensive learning centers or kauhale... Probably the most unique and critical aspect of Kanu's educational foundations is the fact that Kanu wants to actively prepare native students to participate in - and perhaps even lead - Hawai'i's indigenous sovereignty movement."
on January 13,2013 | 08:22AM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Initially I was sort of hesitant to claim that Kanu represents a liberatory pedagogy. However, the more I reflected on the true purpose of my model the more I realized that my model is definitely designed to liberate. Specifically, Kanu wants to encourage Hawaiian students to become politically conscious, and individually and collectively tackle the problem of Hawaiian oppression by the United States and our subjugation to American law and a Western way of life.
on January 13,2013 | 08:23AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
That is a PRIVATE school. Immersion schools like Anuenue are PUBLIC schools. DERR!!
on January 14,2013 | 02:38PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Terii_Kelii says Kanu is a private school, and contrasts that with Anuenue which is a private school. But Kelii is lying (again!) Kanu is a PUBLIC charter school, paid for entirely by taxpayer dollars.
on January 17,2013 | 06:35AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Private school, public charter school.... semantics whateverz. You still have to apply to get in and they do not follow the exact guidelines of the DOE. Their application asks for a birth certificate but mentions nothing of Hawaiian ancestry. Who knows where you delusioned this from.
on January 17,2013 | 06:27PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Kahakalau continues: "my model is definitely designed to liberate. Specifically, Kanu wants to encourage Hawaiian students to become politically conscious, and individually and collectively tackle the problem of Hawaiian oppression by the United States and our subjugation to American law and a Western way of life. In that vein, Kanu has the potential of significantly contributing to the Hawaiian sovereignty effort.
on January 13,2013 | 08:24AM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Kahakalau continues: "Utilizing problem-posing as an instructional technique, Kanu hopes to make our students realize that the occupation of Hawai'i by the United States of America is not fatal and unalterable, but merely limiting -- and therefore challenging. Additionally, Kanu wants to empower our students to accept this challenge and find solutions to this and the many other dilemma, that face Hawai'i's native people in their homeland today. By actively participating in finding solutions to native problems, it is envisioned that Kanu students will become an intricate part of the process of native liberation from American domination that nearly caused the demise of our native people and our way of life."
on January 13,2013 | 08:25AM
holokanaka wrote:
so konki, what is wrong in trying to educate Hawaiians about the true history of these Islands or even trying to advance their education period and trying to inspire them to correct or reverse the wrongs. as far as joker's post is concerned it's the usual-joker post-in that whenever Hawaiians try to help Hawaiians its racist or fraud or sovereignty kook fringe. where in Kahakalau's statement is she not telling the truth.
on January 13,2013 | 09:21AM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
What was my purpose in providing the lengthy quote from Ku Kahahalau? Not to discuss the historical falsehoods she propagandizes into the heads of her students. My purpose was to prove beyond any doubt that the Hawaiian charter schools have the explicitly stated purpose of brainwashing students with a set of beliefs about history that will fire them up to become political agitators for the purpose of overthrowing the State of Hawaii, pushing out the U.S., and establishing racial supremacy in the political control of Hawaii. Terii_Kelii had challenged Diver Dave to prove his allegations that the charter schools have a purpose of racist indoctrination. I have prodided that proof by showing the words of the founder of the charter school that is actually the lead school in "Ka Lei Na'auao" consortium of Hawaiian-focus charter schools.
on January 13,2013 | 10:58AM
8082062424 wrote:
Brainwash The Kids are you serious. Parents choose these schools and support them. It folks like you who for years have tried to brainwash kids and not tell them the truth
on January 13,2013 | 12:44PM
holokanaka wrote:
overthrowing the state of Hawaii and pushing out the u.s. is impossible because you know as well as me that these Islands are in fact a Sovereign Nation. as far as your assertion that the purpose of "establishing a racial supremacy" and "racist indoctrination" is pure speculation and designed, as you always do, to create controversy.
on January 13,2013 | 12:48PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
PS This is what I posted under your laughably naive comment from the hōlua sledding article - "Then why are you on today's (12 jan2013) Kauakūkalahale column complaining about the immersion schools? Mahalo for one thing, though. When you say "It just shows that nobody can take your culture away from you" you admit that all of your current efforts are in vain, like your previous suggestion to drop Hawaiian language in schools in favor of Chinese and your racist White is Right whining about the immersion schools. Yes, no one can stop the Hawaiians, especially someone as foolish as you! So why are you still trying?! Go away or die or something.
on January 12,2013 | 11:37AM
DiverDave wrote:
( Webster's New World Dictionary: Racism, noun., the practice of racial discrimination, segregation. ) Practicing your culture is far different than segregation. Many Hispanics, Japanese, and Chinese practice their culture, for instance, but do no segregate themselves. We all know what the goal of these segregated schools are. They are meant to poison the minds of the Polynesian youth. These schools do not unite, but divide. Segregation has already been outlawed by the U.S. Supreme Court. No one can argue that the Kamehameha Schools are not segregated schools. As such they should immediately be stripped of their non-profit tax status.
on January 12,2013 | 12:29PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Unfortunately, I must bust out that whiteboard and dry erase marker because you are not educated enough in English to follow a simple train of thought. What you provided here is a dictionary definition of racism. Your allegations above referred to the CURRICULUM of the school. You say segregation is what the immersion schools are all about. Provide the written documentation that only persons of Hawaiian blood are allowed to attend, AND do NOT start going off on a tangent about Kamehameha Schools. This is about immersion schools you attacked, and if you go off topic one more time, you will only be proving that you have no ability to carry a simple conversation. What is your written documentation that proves immersion schools are "meant to poison the minds of the Polynesian youth" ??? You have no written documentation because you have not been there and you do not know one single iota (oh, iota means tiny thing) about its curriculum. Mind you I will refrain from going off on a tangent about the current existence of immersion schools in other languages in the US, like Chinese where my half-Chinese nephew attends. Again I am sure you got lost with your reading comprehension problems and so one more time, show written documentation of the schools' curriculum. Put up or shut up.
on January 12,2013 | 01:32PM
8082062424 wrote:
First Kamehameha has every race in there school even kids from the middle east. They all have Hawaiian but it does not matter how much. Second Hawaiian immersion schools have student who do not have Hawaiian blood. and these kids are taught the truth not the lies folks like you preach. . jealousy is a ugly trait and you got a bad case of it. other wise you would not be concern about some thing that has nothing to do with you
on January 12,2013 | 01:45PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
They are taught the same curriculum and standards as every other public school. They have to.They're all a part of the DOE My source - HI DOE.
on January 12,2013 | 02:16PM
8082062424 wrote:
not so . my source a niece who attends one.
on January 12,2013 | 03:54PM
DiverDave wrote:
I rest my case. They do NOT teach the same history. They teach sovereignty fringe history, which ultimately divides, creates anomosity, anger, and justification for bad behavior and failure later in life.
on January 13,2013 | 12:43AM
8082062424 wrote:
Again they teach the truth about the overthrow. It does not bring on bad behavior and failure. The fact is it teaches pride and education. And tools to move forward with there fight. which will be thru educations.
on January 13,2013 | 05:44AM
holokanaka wrote:
they teach sovereignty fringe history. show me how, legally, the Kingdom lost its sovereignty.
on January 13,2013 | 06:59AM
DiverDave wrote:
808 says, "It (sovereingty fringe learning) does not bring on bad behavior and failure". Really? Then why is the highest ethnic population in the Hawaii State Prison System Polynesians(about 6 out of 10), for example? Why is it that the highest unwed mother ethnic polulation on the Big Island last yearwas Polynesian women(7 out of 10), for instance. Polynesian-Hawaiians consistantly are at the top of all list bad, and the bottom of all lists good. Racism and hatred hurts, not helps, any ethnicity. As Mrs. Martin Luther King said, "Hatred only hurts the hater, not the hated".
on January 13,2013 | 10:48AM
holokanaka wrote:
the "sovereignty fringe learning" does not bring on bad behavior. in fact some of these "sovereignty fringe" as you call them are some of the most educated and inteligent people in these Ialands. maybe you are not aware of their work but maybe you should become aware of their work. it certainly would be an education for you.
on January 13,2013 | 02:24PM
DiverDave wrote:
And what are their names?
on January 13,2013 | 10:10PM
holokanaka wrote:
Keanu Sai, Jon Osorio, Lilikala Kameeleihiwa, Noe Noe Silva, Tom Coffman, Kehaulani Kauanui, and more. who are your sourses for your criticism of everything Hawaiian?
on January 14,2013 | 06:44AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Not so fast. is that a public school, charter school or private school? charter schools are not 100% under DOEs umbrella and private schools are independent of the DOE.
on January 14,2013 | 02:47PM
DiverDave wrote:
Keanu Sai? the Felon?!!! Lol, Lol, I Almost had a heart attack!
on January 14,2013 | 05:44PM
holokanaka wrote:
"Keanu Sai? The felon?" Yes that Keanu Sai who has been to the World Court of Arbitration and shown the world that these Islands are in fact still a Sovereign Nation under prolonged occupation by the u.s. who was allowed to file a complaint in the UN Security Counsel, file a Protest and Demand in the UN General Counsel, and aceding to the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court. Remember dimwit you have to be recognized as a Sovereign Nation to be able to file these proceedings in the UN. Also has written a history book of these Islands which is being used in the UH system. You only commented on Sai. Why not the other people I mentioned. Could it be you are not familiar with the other people and therefore not as well read or knowledgeble about the true history of thes Islands as you contend to be.
on January 14,2013 | 07:45PM
DiverDave wrote:
I won't hold my breath on that one!
on January 15,2013 | 07:51PM
holokanaka wrote:
"I wouldn't hold my breath on that one" what the h*ll does that mean?
on January 15,2013 | 08:05PM
8082062424 wrote:
your just a jealous hater. The fat is these schools out shine most of other doe schools. Parents take part and support these schools because of the values and morals they install in there student.The palace had electricity before the white so for you to think Hawaii would not have gotten those things if not for america is bs. Kingdom of Hawaii had Treaties with some 20 plus nations . so all those modern thing would have come with out america. There are nation out there that honour the Hawaiian passport. some older folks travel the world with them.Quite a few Uh professors are among them. these school install pride in them and respect for who they are and who they come from. what you do not like with more native Hawaiian students getting a good education will only bring a stronger fight for there cause. your a sad lil man. why live in Hawaii why not go back where you came from
on January 12,2013 | 01:40PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
One day, I just may show up at your door, Kenny. I just might. Don't think that I cannot do that.
on January 12,2013 | 02:37PM
holokanaka wrote:
Mahalo Terii and 808 for your responses to the joker. It is nice to see some educated responses as oposed to some of my uneducated stumbling responses. I am starting to feel sorry and pity for the joker because I think he really needs some really serious phychological professional help. Aloha
on January 12,2013 | 07:26PM
DiverDave wrote:
You all protest too much. All White schools did better than all Black schools did in the 1950's. Is that a reason to allow them?
on January 12,2013 | 11:44PM
8082062424 wrote:
Again These schools are not all Hawaiian, many races attend. simple fact
on January 13,2013 | 05:39AM
DiverDave wrote:
808 is a deceiver. The last lawsuit that was filed against Kam Schools for their discriminatory entrance requirements was settled out of court for 8 million dollars. Kamehameha Schools knew that if that suit ever reached the Supreme Court they would not prevail, and their racist house of cards would all fall down. One only has to go to their website and read their entrance requirements. A pure Italian, for instance, need not apply. Because they are an exclusive, and not an all inclusive organization, they do not meet the Federal requirements for a "non-profit" and should be made to pay taxes like everybody else.
on January 13,2013 | 09:57AM
8082062424 wrote:
Far from it you compared to all white and all black schools. That is so far from the truth .Kamehameha has kids from every race on there campus. even kids from the middle east. The only common factor is that they have Hawaiian does not matter how much. as stated in the will. as far charter and n immersion schools they have kids who have no Hawaiian blood at all. All this hate you have for Native Hawaiians is not healthy maybe you need to seek help. why something that has nothing to do with you bother you so much is just unhealthy your obsessed with it
on January 13,2013 | 10:51AM
DiverDave wrote:
"Must have Hawaiian" 808? Again, I rest my case.
on January 13,2013 | 11:51AM
8082062424 wrote:
Again you loose. that the best you can come out with when facts are given to you? lol you go and compare a school that has j kids of every race on this planet on there campus to all white schools and all blacks schools. And you do not need Hawaiian blood to attend immersion schools. You rest your case dude you not even have a case. I'm really starting to wonder if your mentally sound. You forever calling KS etc racist the truth is it is you who are a racist. If a Hawaiian stand up for any thing Hawaiian you call them racist. Look in the mirror and you will see how ugly a person you are
on January 13,2013 | 12:37PM
DiverDave wrote:
808: You gave the "facts" that the "common factor is that they have Hawaiian" at Kamehameha Schools. Racial exclusivity means what to your brainwashed mine? Racism, duh. And, you can say that Hawaiian Charter Schools allow anyone, but what White parent would send their child to an all Black school if they knew that all day long the child would be listening to propaganda about the "evil white man" and subject their children to the oppression by the other students. In actuality, very few others attend Hawaiian Charter Schools, and that's the way they like it!
on January 13,2013 | 01:32PM
Anonymous wrote:
wrong again. quite a few do in fact attend charter schools. The one my niece goes to has about 10 white kids. There also a few others who are Japanese white mothers are from Japan and dad is military. And the parents support the school and love how it run. that why they having waiting list for them. not ever white person a racist like you. As far as KS yes you have to have some Hawaiian blood as stated in the will. but you will not find other campus with so many kids of every race as you do Ks . and keep in mind You compared it to all black and all white schools.
on January 13,2013 | 03:41PM
DiverDave wrote:
What nonsense! Show me the real statistics. Show me your facts.
on January 13,2013 | 10:01PM
8082062424 wrote:
nonsense! far from it facts. why don't you stop hiding behind the computer and check out these schools. The key to these schools are education . not only native Hawaiians but everyone . like i said not all white folks are racist like you
on January 14,2013 | 10:38AM
DiverDave wrote:
Site you facts 808! You are a fool taken in by the sovereignty kook fringe. Now the facts don'y matter. I should do something abstract like "go to the schools". All the Nazi Youth Camps looked like the kids were having fun. Is that what your're taking about?
on January 14,2013 | 06:06PM
holokanaka wrote:
The Hawaiian Kingdom was one of three of the most literate Nations in the world at one time. america was not one. So why is it so bad to have a Hawaiian School?
on January 13,2013 | 06:56AM
DiverDave wrote:
Wrong again holokanaka, After the arrival of the missionaries and their tireless work at devising a only spoken Polynesian-Hawaiian language to a written one, they proceeded, by direction of the Kings, Kamehameha II, and the III, to start schools all over the islands. By the late 1840′s there were over 500 schools, and all taught exclusively in Polynesian-Hawaiian. Hawaii was then known as the third most literate area of the world, only behind Scotland, and New England(U.S.) What a great job the missionaries did! New England is an area of the United States were the missionaries came from. Duh.
on January 13,2013 | 09:42AM
8082062424 wrote:
still the fact remains the KINGDOM was one of the three most literate Nations. yet american was far behind.
on January 13,2013 | 10:53AM
DiverDave wrote:
The Polynesian- Hawaiian language did not exist before "Americans" invented it for them. So who was really responsible for that "literacy"? "Americans", Duh. It was the Polynesian Kings that decided to make a change to English, not the "evil American empire" as the sovereignty kook fringe like to preach. It was your beloved Kings and Queen, from Kamehameha IV and after that "stole" their own language and culture, and no one else.
on January 13,2013 | 12:05PM
holokanaka wrote:
I may be wrong but I was always taught new england was a section or a part of a nation not a nation. are you comparing a part of a nation or are you saying that new england was a nation, the whole nation in and of itself? are you comparing apples and oranges?
on January 13,2013 | 01:12PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
No, holokanaka. You are not wrong. He is. He knows not of what he tries to aggrandize himself with. He is obtusely bilious.
on January 17,2013 | 06:30PM
DiverDave wrote:
Wow! Terroristic threatening in writing against Mr. Conklin. I guess that's the best that David "Teriii_Kelii" Rogers can come with after "holokanaka" agreed with me that these schools teach sovereignty fringe history, and treason, against our great nation, the United States of America.
on January 13,2013 | 10:26AM
holokanaka wrote:
our great Nation Hawaiian KIngdom.
on January 13,2013 | 10:30AM
DiverDave wrote:
Are you the King?
on January 13,2013 | 10:54AM
8082062424 wrote:
Give these school time they will change those numbers. with there education and moral and standards Hawaiian kids will move up in Hawaii. Just maybe that what you really hate the fact native Hawaiian kids will change the future of native hawaiians
on January 13,2013 | 12:42PM
DiverDave wrote:
"Native Hawaiians", 808? There are no such things as "Natives" of these islands. Everyone came from somewhere else, even the Polynesians.
on January 13,2013 | 01:17PM
holokanaka wrote:
"everyone came from somewhere else". even the Indians.
on January 13,2013 | 02:30PM
holokanaka wrote:
just a Subject.
on January 13,2013 | 12:50PM
DiverDave wrote:
Only a subject of the sovereignty kook fringe. LOL
on January 13,2013 | 01:39PM
holokanaka wrote:
joker, you need help.
on January 13,2013 | 08:22PM
Anonymous wrote:
And im sorry but my Birth Certificate states in black and white i am Hawaiian .It is in fact a very important document that you can not do with out. And this state laws say out right that native Hawaiian are the people of these islands. Your sad lil man hate consumes you
on January 13,2013 | 03:48PM
DiverDave wrote:
So that means what? That you vote Democrat each election?
on January 13,2013 | 10:07PM
DiverDave wrote:
Voting Democratic= free handout for the poor little victims.
on January 13,2013 | 10:38PM
8082062424 wrote:
And no i am not a Democrat truth is i do not vote along any party line. there nothing more t hen gangs in my book
on January 14,2013 | 10:40AM
DiverDave wrote:
Yea, Right. You didn't vote "free handout" er a Democratic.
on January 14,2013 | 05:50PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Okaaaaay. So you are terrified of guava cake and passion orange juice socials. There's medications for that ... AND therapy.
on January 16,2013 | 09:01PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Happy holiday everyone! Today, January 17, was an official holiday "Downfall of the Monarchy Day" celebrated in the internationally recognized independent nation of Hawaii. June Watanabe's "Kokua Line" (Star-Advertiser, January 17, 2013) says "Robert Schmitt, Hawaii’s first state statistician and creator of the State of Hawaii Data Book, presented a history of holidays in a 1995 article in the Hawaiian Journal of History ... also an associate editor of the Journal, [Schmitt] did present an interesting history of holidays in Hawaii, noting that the first official list of 'national holidays' was adopted by the legislative government in 1896" and the "Downfall of the Monarchy Day" was included on that list as a national holiday. So here's the toast I'll be giving as I raise my umbrella drink today: "Happy Downfall of the Monarchy Day, and may we always remember the glorious Hawaiian revolution of 1893. Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!"
on January 17,2013 | 06:38AM
holokanaka wrote:
as hard as you try konki you will not infuriate the Hawaiians who in fact know the true legal history of these Islands. you just make yourself look more nad more like a effing fool. but of course your ramblings might mean something to the two or three followers you have left since, since you are losing more and more followers because of truthful education in these Islands. thank goodness for education and honor. oh, and by the way you have no HONOR. oh and we are very familiar with the holidays LA KU'O KO'A and LA HO'I HO'I EA. oh just a question, is the "Downfall of the Monarchy Day" celebrated today? I ask because I haven't seen an advertisements in the newspapers or on the internet.
on January 17,2013 | 01:33PM
holokanaka wrote:
change the word "infuriate" to "rattle the Hawaiians". also wish konki a happy downfall of the monarchy day. poor konki after all his blogging, "angelfire" etc he realizes he has lost the fight and his followers and is a poor looser. he is a sad little old man. I pity him.
on January 17,2013 | 02:30PM
DiverDave wrote:
holokanaka, it is your boat that is sinking. You protest to much for someone that knows so little. Maybe you just have a liitle boat.
on January 17,2013 | 05:25PM
holokanaka wrote:
how could I ever think the joker would not chime in here. I may not know a lot but the people I read certainly know a lot more than you do. are you filling in for your hero konki? are you konki jr?
on January 17,2013 | 07:43PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
That is coming from someone who called me a red diaper dooper baby on 2 separate occasions, the 20th and the 27th of October. Fortunately, the people of the Star-Advertiser are finally seeing the light- they removed BOTH violations of the terms of service. PLUS, the insult you made on December 22nd to my column I Mea Aha Ka Olelo? was removed as well. Keep it up and I may have to sue you. bwahahahahahhahaha
on January 18,2013 | 03:31PM
8082062424 wrote:
Really this is how some one who claims to be so educated acts. shameful you just proved how racist you are. And in need of mental health service
on January 18,2013 | 05:20PM
IN OTHER NEWS