Quantcast

Saturday, July 26, 2014         

KAUAKUKALAHALE


 Print   Email   Comment | View 56 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

E ola 'o Hālau Lōkahi a mau loa

By Kekeha Solis

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 09:18 a.m. HST, Jun 17, 2014



Synopsis: Support Hālau Lōkahi Public Charter School and ensure options to the state Department of Education system.

Welina e nā makamaka heluhelu o Kauakūkalahale. 'Akahi nō a lohe ko 'oukou mea kākau no ka hālāwai hō'eu'eu i kapa 'ia 'o Ho'oulu Lōkahi. No ka pono ia o nā keiki o nā kula ho'āmana o Hawai'i nei.

'Akahi nō ho'i a lohe ko 'oukou mea kākau no kahi pilikia o ke Kula Ho'āmana 'o Hālau Lōkahi i ka lawa 'ole o ke kālā. Akā, pehea lā e holo mua ai ke kula ho'āmana a e lawa ai ke kālā e lawelawe ai i ka hana, inā he hapa iki wale nō ke kālā e ho'oka'awale 'ia aku no ia 'ano kula i ko nā kula o ka 'Oihana Ho'ona'auao. Ho'oka'awale 'ia he $6,100 wale nō o ka haumāna kula ho'āmana. A 'o ka haumāna kula 'Oihana Ho'ona'auao, he $12,000 e ho'oka'awale 'ia. No laila, he ho'omanawanui ka hana a nā kumu, nā limahana a me nā haumāna o nā kula ho'āmana i nā makahiki i ka'ahope aku nei. Ua holo mua paha kekahi, a 'o kekahi, ua hele a nui kahi pu'u i ke alo.

'O ka nīnau i kupu a'e nei i ka nānā 'ana i ke emi iho o ke kālā o ka haumāna kula ho'āmana, no ke aha e emi ai ka nui o ke kālā o ka haumāna, ke hele aku 'o ia i ke kula ho'āmana. 'Eā, inā hele kahi keiki i ke kula aupuni, ho'oka'awale 'ia he $12,000 no kona a'o 'ia 'ana aku i laila. A inā 'a'ole maika'i kāna hana ma ke kula aupuni, a holo ka mana'o o kona mau mākua, e komo 'o ia i loko o ke kula ho'āmana, a laila, he $6,000 wale nō e ho'oka'awale 'ia nona. I hea lā i lilo ai kahi koena, he $6,000? I ka pākeke paha o kahi luna aupuni? He pono ka hō'oia 'ana iho i ka mo'ohelu kālā o ke aupuni moku'āina. Inā he 183 haumāna o ke kula ho'āmana, a he 100 o lākou, ua lele mai loko mai o ke kula aupuni, a laila, he $600,000 e waiho wale ana ma kekahi wahi. Aia lā i hea kahi pu'u kālā? 'A'ole maopopo. Akā, 'o ka mea maopopo, 'a'ole ia ma ke kula ho'āmana.

No Hālau Lōkahi, he 13 makahiki i ho'omanawanui ai i ia hana kaulike 'ole. A ua holo mua nō. Ho'omana'o ko 'oukou mea kākau i ka 'ike 'ana i nā haumāna o Hālau Lōkahi ma nā hanana like 'ole no ka pono o ka lāhui Hawai'i, nā mea Hawai'i, a pēlā aku, a piha hau'oli ka na'au i ka 'ike 'ana aku iā lākou haumāna i ka hana kāko'o kaiāulu. 'A'ole lākou e noho wale ana nō ma loko o ka lumi papa ma ka heluhelu puke paha, akā, puka aku nō i waho a hana pū ia mau haumāna me ke kaiāulu. He hana ia e ha'aheo ai nā kūpuna a me kākou a pau. He kula ia e a'o ana i nā keiki i ka lilo 'ana i mau alaka'i a e holo ai kahi 'ōlelo a kahiko, 'o ia ho'i, “I ulu nō ka lālā i ke kumu.” No laila, he nui ka mahalo i nā kumu o Hālau Lōkahi.

E 'olu'olu, e kāko'o kākou iā Hālau Lōkahi. 'O kekahi hana e kāko'o ai i ua kula ho'āmana nei, 'o ia ka pūlima 'ana i ka palapala ho'opi'i ma ka pūnaewele. E hele aku i www.halaulokahi.com a ma laila e 'ike ai i kahi o ka palapala ho'opi'i.

E ola, e Hālau Lōkahi. E ola.

———

This column is coordinated by Kawaihuelani Center for Hawaiian Language at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 56 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(56)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
Ken_Conklin wrote:
One reason Halau Lokahi is failing financially is because it's a propaganda factory for Hawaiian sovereignty instead of a real school. They teach twisted history instead of true history; they teach kids how to play in the mud of the taro patch instead of real science and math. That's why the kids have extremely low scores on the annual DOE tests which measure how much the kids have learned that would prepare them for college (real college, not UH "Hawaiian Studies"). The number of students at the school has been declining significantly because parents see the kids not learning anything useful. Fewer kids means fewer dollars for the school from the state government, which is why they're having huge budget problems.

The school teaches how to do political activism and street protests. Halau Lokahi has been using its kids as cannon fodder to do street protests for many years. For example, on June 8, 2007 the Halau Lokahi kids, led by their teachers, were the shock troops in a protest at the Grassroot Institute of Hawaii headquarters. Here's a webpage about the protest. Scroll down to the bottom photograph to see Halau Lokahi "cultural director", "Kumu Hina", with some of her students in front of the headquarters building.
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/bigfiles40/GRIH060807.html

The parents who continue to send their kids there are radical sovereignty activists who want the kids to grow up just like themselves. On the lawn in front of the school is a sign which says "Halau Lokahi: Educating warrior scholars." Does anyone think the warriors Halau Lokahi is educating will be joining the U.S. Marines? Exactly what kind of warriors are they edumacating? Halau Lokahi is using taxpayer dollars to brainwash kids and teach them skills they can use to undermine the government that sponsors them. It's long past time to shut down this disgraceful so-called "school" and other Hawaiian-focus charter schools like it.


on June 14,2014 | 06:30AM
8082062424 wrote:
same old from you just hate . sad. have you ever took the time to go into the school and see what they are taught. of course not. your just some one who hate any thing native Hawaiian it folks like you that need to be shut down. but like i said before teachers use story's like this and comments like your to show our kids . what wrong with society
on June 14,2014 | 07:32AM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
My stalker 8082062424 uses a technique straight out of Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals." He calls me a hater and racist, knowing there's no way any Caucasian can effectively respond to such defamation. It doesn't matter if I point out my close friends of Hawaiian ancestry, or my ability to speak Hawaiian with moderate fluency, or my participation in cultural activities. So let me repeat the same response I've given many times before.
on June 14,2014 | 01:54PM
8082062424 wrote:
as i said before it your own words and action that show you to be a hater . you never been to the school or when and witness what they teach but you ramble on. my all means you and DD kep up your posting it just shows everyone who and what your are. as far as a stalker when you summit comments the reason there a reply tab is so other can comment. so give it a rest, you and DD can enjoy ranting and going on with your yada yada to your selves
on June 14,2014 | 02:18PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
If you are stalking him, then he is super mega stalking Professor Kehaulani Watson. He even wrote an entire webpage replete with dirty old man comments about her.
on June 15,2014 | 08:03PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
My fundamental civil rights principle is that we are all equal in the eyes of God, and we should all be treated equally under the law, by our government, regardless of race. Hanalei and other Hawaiian racialists disagree with both parts of that principle. They put forward a creation legend saying people with Hawaiian blood are descended from the gods and are brothers to these islands in a way nobody else can be who lacks a drop of Hawaiian blood; and therefore they deserve racial supremacy in ruling these islands over the rest of us who are merely guests here. That's religious fascism used for the purpose of asserting an absolute right to political power. Kumulipo is a beautiful creation legend about the creation of ALL humanity as children of the gods and brothers to the land; but the racists pervert it to say it's only about ethnic Hawaiians.
on June 14,2014 | 01:55PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
It is quite easy to correlate the fact that Polynesians lived in isolation and the fact that their religion / story of creation contains references only to Polynesians. Anyone with common sense can see that. Oh wait.
on June 15,2014 | 05:07PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
It is racist to single out a particular racial group and claim it alone is descended from the gods and in a family relationship with the land. It is racist to receive benefits which other racial groups are prohibited from having, based solely on race. It is racist to demand creation of a government which is solely for people of a particular race, and further to demand that the racist government be given land, money, and jurisdictional authority at the expense of all other races.
on June 14,2014 | 01:56PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Actually, the Hawaiians assert such rights simply because they are indigenous. You know, that ENGLISH word you try to pretend does not exist. You're welcome.
on June 15,2014 | 05:09PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
I have said repeatedly that most ethnic Hawaiians are good people and loyal Americans; they are not America-haters and racists like 8082062424 and other noisy knuckleheads who post one after another piece of garbage in the Star-Advertiser comments.

Look around Hawaii and tell me the names of any individuals or racial groups who are demanding a race-based government for themselves, and benefits exclusively for their racial group. There is NOBODY like that except for SOME ethnic Hawaiians and SOME Hawaiian institutions. It's those racist individuals and institutions which I attack, not the majority of ethnic Hawaiians. I attack SOME ethnic Hawaiians and institutions, NOT because they are Hawaiian but because they are racist. And I have no need to attack other racial groups because they do not show pervasive, constant, systematic racism like SOME Hawaiian individuals and institutions do. My friends know this. Most ethnic Hawaiians I meet understand this, and sometimes complete strangers come up to me at the mall or at social/cultural events to tell me "I'm Hawaiian and I want to thank you for what you're doing."


on June 14,2014 | 01:57PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
noisy knuckleheads? That is obviously some technical nomenclature from your PhD in Philosophy. AND you admit that you attack others. Thanks for proving me right about you.
on June 15,2014 | 05:14PM
DiverDave wrote:
Correct Dr. Conklin, Hawaiian Immersion schools segregate Polynesians from the rest of the student populations in the State in order to indoctrinate them into the sovereignty kook fringe. This only manifests itself in hatred of others and country, leads to high dropout rates later(as their English skill sets are poor), high crime rates, high unwed mother rates etc. If learning better Polynesian-Hawaiian language was the goal that would be one thing. But, these school's main purpose is to segregate the children from other races in order to propagandize their little brains into a political agenda, the sovereignty fringe. The political agenda is what they most care about, not the well being of the children, language is just an excuse they use to do it. "Kanu O Ka 'Aina" in Waimea, Hawaii Island, was founded by Ku Kahakalau, Ms. Kahakalau wrote: "Probably the most unique and critical aspect of Kanu's educational foundations is the fact that Kanu wants to actively prepare native students to participate in - and perhaps even lead - Hawai'i's indigenous sovereignty movement". Poor kids that are being used by adults with a political agenda, it's child abuse. It brings to mind Hitler's "Nazi Youth Indoctrination Camps".
on June 14,2014 | 11:21AM
holokanaka wrote:
"Poor kids that are being used by adults with a political; agenda. It brings to mind Hitler's "Nazi Youth Indoctrination Camps". thanks joker for a very accurate description of the "territorial government" (1906 patriotic program) to indoctrinate the children (of Hawaii) to be "patriotic" americans when they in fact were aware of the stealing of their nation and wanted to keep their Kingdom. yours truly holothestalker
on June 14,2014 | 09:25PM
DiverDave wrote:
You mean the territorial government controlled by the Polynesians? You mean the territorial government represented by a Polynesian, Prince Kuhio, in 1906?
on June 14,2014 | 09:56PM
DiverDave wrote:
I find it always kind of funny how people like holokanaka, David Sai, are so arrogant as to try and tell the Polynesian people that lived 120 years ago what they should have wanted, when all their words and actions say that they were extremely happy to become a part of the greatest nation on Earth, The United States of America.
on June 15,2014 | 05:26AM
holokanaka wrote:
"when all their words and actions say that they were extremely "happy" to become part of the greatest nation of the world". that statement is a "LIE" joker!!!! google: "Strangling Hands Upon A Nation's Throat" article in a California newspaper-"The San Francisco Call" Sept 30, 1897. This article clearly shows how the people of Hawaii felt "120 years ago" about becoming part of america...
on June 15,2014 | 07:49AM
DiverDave wrote:
Again, the facts and actions say something quite different. "Be it Resolved, by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Territory of Hawaii, that the Congress of the United States is hereby respectfully requested to pass an Act enabling the people of this Territory to meet in convention and frame and adopt a State Constitution where under this Territory may be admitted as a State into the Union." This above resolution was the first action of the 1903 Hawaii Legislature, unanimously adopted by the Senate and Polynesian-Hawaiian dominated House, and delivered to Congress by Hawaii's Polynesian-Hawaiian delegate to the U.S. Congress, Prince Kuhio Kalanaina'ole. Prince Kuhio would continue to speak in favor of Statehood until his tragic death of a heart attack in 1922. So, if the Polynesians public, who had 2/3 of the votes in the Territory elections, didn't want to be a part of the U.S. why would they continue to vote for people that where?
on June 15,2014 | 10:28AM
DiverDave wrote:
What David Sai also does not understand is that in a Democracy there are always people that are against what the majority are in favor of. Remember that 49% of the voters in the last Presidential election voted for someone else other than Obama. But, with 2/3rds of the votes the Polynesians made choices of candidates that best suited their wishes. This is why the majority of the elected officials in the Republic of Hawaii government and the Territorial Congress were Polynesian-Hawaiians. This also shows that there was NOT some kind of "conspiracy" to "steal" anything from the Polynesians. Nothing was stolen, only the form of government changed, which the Polynesian-Hawaiians wholeheartedly embraced. After all, their votes controlled the government.
on June 15,2014 | 12:45PM
holokanaka wrote:
joker, again you did not respond to my comment. the issue was about how the "PEOPLE" felt about becoming part of america not some "procedure" in the "government". so again your comment implying that the people--"were extremely HAPPY to become a part of the greatest nation of the world" is in fact a lie!!!! dum dum joker have you even read the article I cite???
on June 15,2014 | 01:29PM
DiverDave wrote:
David Sai you apparently have a selective reading comprehension problem as I answered you quite well I must say! It is you that does not answer my questions. I will try again: If the Polynesian public, who had 2/3 of the votes in the Territory elections, didn't want to be a part of the U.S. why would they continue to vote for people that where for it?
on June 15,2014 | 01:39PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
There you go, making thins up as you go along again. For example, the 1910 census shows that out of a population of 191,909 there were only 38,507 Hawaiians and part-Hawaiians, and in fact there were almost 80,000 Japanese in the islands by that time. It is also to note that the majority of the legislators at that time were háole, not Hawaiian. Then you whine about my source. I never cite sources - I do not have to cite sources for info that is readily available through a simple google search. It is common knowledge that the Hawaiian population in the islands at the time of the overthrow had already shrunk to a number less than all the other ethnic groups combined, ie they were already a minority. Common...... knowledge.....And wait! Before you say that most of those were not born in Hawai‘i, then allow me. Out of that population, 98,157 total people were native born, and thus, with less than 40,000 the Hawaiians were STILL outnumbered. DiverDave = LiarDave. THAT is your new name. smh smh omg smh
on June 15,2014 | 04:18PM
holokanaka wrote:
Let's try this again joker. If the "republic" claims there was overwhelming support for annexation by America, why wasn't the treaty put up for a vote by all the people.
on June 15,2014 | 04:19PM
DiverDave wrote:
It's too bad David Rogers never took a history course while taking "Hawaiian Studies" at the U of H. If he did he would know that The act of Territorial status stated any person that was a citizen of the Republic of Hawaii on or before August 12, 1898 would also be a citizen of the United States, and any citizen of the United States that resided in the island on or after August 12, 1898 would have to live there to become a citizen of the Territory of Hawaii. Most of the Japanese and Chinese immigrants were therefore disallowed from voting. You sir are nothing short of a ignorant name caller who does not know their history and facts. David Rogers need to go back to school and learn something truthful.
on June 15,2014 | 05:29PM
DiverDave wrote:
holokanaka, David Sai, every election was a vote for or against as the Polynesians controlled 2/3rds of the votes. If they didn't want annexation they would have simply elected candidates that were against it, but alas they did not! Polynesian-Hawaiian Robert Wilcox, who said in 1900, "The question of restoration of the Monarchy is gone forever. We are now a people, however, that can vote. You all know we have two-thirds of the votes in this country...If you want to rule, it is for you to decide". Polynesian-Hawaiians had the largest voting block, and the most representation in the Territorial Legislature up until the 1940s. Was David Wilcox a liar too?
on June 15,2014 | 05:39PM
DiverDave wrote:
So David Sai, holokanaka, please answer my question straight up: If the Polynesian public, who had 2/3 of the votes in the Territory elections, didn't want to be a part of the U.S. why would they continue to vote for people that where for it?
on June 15,2014 | 05:45PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
YOU ASSume that all those Asians, and let's not forget the Portuguese, were 100% foreign born. Not true. AND let's not forget that for the first generation of elections, Hawaiians and others were disenfranchised from voting by restrictive voting laws, such as the one requiring full literacy in English, which the majority of the Hawaiians lacked for that aforementioned generation. Then again, I am trying to make a point against someone who calls me a red diaper doopér baby and pretends that menehune were real people because he cannot admit he's wrong. *shoulder shrug*
on June 15,2014 | 09:31PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
No one elected him as the spokesman for the entire Hawaiian race. Fact.
on June 16,2014 | 07:00AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Nope. I never said that, never implied it. The stats above were to show that Hawaiians were less than 1/2 of the total population, and even when excluding foreign-born they were still less than 1/2 of the electorate in the Territory. You twist my words, you twist Wilcox' words, you twist Kamehameha IV's words, and on and on. Considering you did not even know that there was a Kamanawa II until I told you and considering your recent diatribe insisting menehune were real and were the original settlers of the islands, I would say your assessment of ANYONE's knowledge lacks even a pretense of credibility. The Kue petitions still speak volumes about the true will of the MAJORITY of the people. It is not to say that ALL Hawaiians wanted their kingdom back, but it was clear that the MAJORITY of the Hawaiians did. Then you claim that the signatures were the same and you made some nonsense remark about the addresses on the petitions. Looking at the signatures they are most certainly different, thus proving that you will lie one..... more..... time..... like your ridiculous menehune nonsense to get your way. Truth is, you're wrong. And see? Unlike you, I know not to use "your" before wrong.
on June 16,2014 | 07:48AM
DiverDave wrote:
Well David Rogers here's the real skiny that you are fumbling around with: 1) The voters had to be born in Hawaii or naturalized citizens before 1893, per the Republic of Hawaii Constitution. So, the majority of "qualified" voters were pure or part Polynesian-Hawaiian. (2) Only persons that wanted to vote for a Senator required land ownership of a very small amount, a job producing $600 a year, or assets of $3000 or more, so it wasn't hard to qualify. (3) Most of the population in 1897 were non-Hawaiian foreign born non citizens before 1893. Robert Schmitt, "Demographic Statistics of Hawaii: 1778-1965", shows there were 55,783 out of a total population here of 109,020, and could not vote. Because all the Polynesian-Hawaiians were born here(39,504) they could all vote, but only 13,733 folks of other ethnicities were also born here. So, the Polynesians controlled over 2/3rds of the vote in the new Democracy. This is why the majority of the elected officials in the Republic of Hawaii government were Polynesian-Hawaiians. This also shows that there was NOT some kind of "conspiracy" to "steal" anything from the Polynesians. Nothing was stolen, only the form of government changed, which the Polynesian-Hawaiians wholeheartedly embraced. After all, their votes controlled the government. Interestingly, after the Polynesian controlled Republic of Hawaii Legislature unanimously voted to ask the United States for annexation, we elected as our first two Representatives to the U.S. Congress, Polynesian-Hawaiian Robert Wilcox, and then Prince Kuhio who held the position for over 20 years, always speaking in favor of full statehood.
on June 16,2014 | 12:10PM
holokanaka wrote:
So dum dum joker, why wasn't the treaty put up to a vote of all the eligible voters again???
on June 15,2014 | 05:40PM
DiverDave wrote:
So, David Sai, holikanaka, please answer my question straight up: If the Polynesian public, who had 2/3 of the votes in the Territory elections, didn't want to be a part of the U.S. why would they continue to vote for people that where for it?
on June 15,2014 | 07:34PM
DiverDave wrote:
Next question on my quiz for David Sai, and David Rogers: Was David Wilcox a liar? when he said: "We are now a people, however, that can vote. You all know we have two-thirds of the votes in this country...If you want to rule, it is for you to decide".
on June 15,2014 | 07:55PM
DiverDave wrote:
Third question: The annexation treaty was offered to the U.S. by a unanimous vote of the Polynesian dominated Republic of Hawaii Legislature, who's speaker of the House was a Polynesian. Prove that wrong.
on June 15,2014 | 08:10PM
holokanaka wrote:
so again dum dum joker, one more time. try to answer the question honestly now joker. if the "republic" claim that the people of these Islands overwhelmingly wanted to be annexed to america and not stay as their own recognized sovereign (Hawaiian Kingdom) why wasn't the treaty submitted to a popular vote of the people?????
on June 15,2014 | 08:36PM
DiverDave wrote:
Four: Did Liluokalani abdicate her throne in writing and retire to her house at Washington Pl., and by 1916 proudly flew an American flag outside her home?
on June 15,2014 | 08:38PM
DiverDave wrote:
You holokanaka are a shucker and a jiver! You know NOTHING of what you speak. Never proving anything. Just calling names, stating falsehoods, and probably getting paid for it! LOL
on June 15,2014 | 08:43PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
ummm who is David Wilcox? and second, in the Republic of Hawai‘i elections only about 2% of the population voted, and so any legislature elected did not represent the majority of people. It was irrelevant what race they were. Those legislators were annexationists because the 2% of the population who voted were annexationists. The vast majority of the Hawaiians who were royalists simply did not vote or could not vote Fact.
on June 16,2014 | 06:15AM
DiverDave wrote:
Robert Wicox, but David Rogers doesn't even know who John Kaulukou was. The University is on the phone David. They want their diploma back!
on June 16,2014 | 06:47AM
DiverDave wrote:
As usual David Rogers and David Sai have been exposed for being know nothings. David Rogers first thought that all the Japanese could vote! LOL Then David Sai didn't know that every election was a vote for or against annexation, and to a man only annexationist candidates were elected. Neither one can answer any of my simple questions. This is not a test in "Hawaiian Studies" class were everyone passes! You both receive an "F" grade on the quiz.
on June 16,2014 | 07:01AM
holokanaka wrote:
what dum dum seems to argue is that what the people of the Kingdom overwhelming wanted (to be part of america) is shown by the legislature offering a "treaty" of annexation. of course that is totally false. the actions of legislatures do not necessarily reflect the wants of the "people". for example there is overwhelming support for "background checks" when purchasing a gun in america and obviously the actions of the legislature do not support what the people want. to know what the "PEOPLE" of the Kingdom overwhelmingly wanted in regards to annexation, people should read the referenced above article in in a San Francisco newspaper in 1897... and dum dum joker I strongly recommend you read that article and maybe learn the truth...
on June 16,2014 | 07:37AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Nope. I never said that, never implied it. The stats above were to show that Hawaiians were less than 1/2 of the total population, and even when excluding foreign-born they were still less than 1/2 of the electorate in the Territory. You twist my words, you twist Wilcox' words, you twist Kamehameha IV's words, and on and on. Considering you did not even know that there was a Kamanawa II until I told you and considering your recent diatribe insisting menehune were real and were the original settlers of the islands, I would say your assessment of ANYONE's knowledge lacks even a pretense of credibility. The Kue petitions still speak volumes about the true will of the MAJORITY of the people. It is not to say that ALL Hawaiians wanted their kingdom back, but it was clear that the MAJORITY of the Hawaiians did. Then you claim that the signatures were the same and you made some nonsense remark about the addresses on the petitions. Looking at the signatures they are most certainly different, thus proving that you will lie one..... more..... time..... like your ridiculous menehune nonsense to get your way. Truth is, you're wrong.
on June 16,2014 | 07:59AM
DiverDave wrote:
Mrs. Kuaihelani Campbell, the president of the Women's Hawaiian Patriotic League was the same person and group that falsified the Kue "petition", that wasn't anything more than forged names on a paper. HA ,HA, LOL, Really David?
on June 16,2014 | 08:02AM
holokanaka wrote:
I think I am finally finding out what this joker and konki is all about.---if you agree with the ha*le version of the legal history of Hawaii and their claim of the legality of the "annexation treaty" you are a good obedient Hawaiian. (Kaulukou, Kelii Akina, etc.). but if you do not agree with the ha*le version of the legal history of Hawaii and protest or even organize a protest (Ku'e Petition) or even question the legality of the "annexation treaty" you are a corrupt, greedy, person, who falsifies petitions, and/or are---(a convicted felon)---!!! Queen Lili'uokalani, Mrs Kuaihelani Cambell, Keanu Sai, etc. and further more these two just seem to ignore some of the current research and documents being uncovered, legal procedures, and published legal opinions of today and legal conclusions of International Courts. they seem to just continue the imperialistic mindset of euro/america race!!!
on June 16,2014 | 02:18PM
DiverDave wrote:
Well David Sai, holokanaka has just exposed himself as a racist. Isn't he special?
on June 16,2014 | 09:11PM
holokanaka wrote:
gee joker, it has been a while since you used that "you are a racist" argument, but again it is still weak and desperate.
on June 16,2014 | 09:37PM
DiverDave wrote:
You make it too easy, " they seem to just continue the imperialistic mindset of euro/america race!!!" Poor you holokanaka.
on June 16,2014 | 10:06PM
DiverDave wrote:
" they seem to just continue the imperialistic mindset of euro/america race!!!", poor you holokanaka.
on June 16,2014 | 10:11PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Liardave, LiarDave, aka Mr. Menehune. Nope. I never said that, never implied it. The stats above were to show that Hawaiians were less than 1/2 of the total population, and even when excluding foreign-born they were still less than 1/2 of the electorate in the Territory. You twist my words, you twist Wilcox' words, you twist Kamehameha IV's words, and on and on. Considering you did not even know that there was a Kamanawa II until I told you and considering your recent diatribe insisting menehune were real and were the original settlers of the islands, I would say your assessment of ANYONE's knowledge lacks even a pretense of credibility. The Kue petitions still speak volumes about the true will of the MAJORITY of the people. It is not to say that ALL Hawaiians wanted their kingdom back, but it was clear that the MAJORITY of the Hawaiians did. Then you claim that the signatures were the same and you made some nonsense remark about the addresses on the petitions. Looking at the signatures they are most certainly different, thus proving that you will lie one..... more..... time..... like your ridiculous menehune nonsense to get your way. Truth is, you're wrong.
on June 16,2014 | 08:00AM
DiverDave wrote:
The Ku'e petitions have been proven to be nothing more than names on paper. Anyone can see the pages on line. First names with no last. Women and children as young as 11. No addresses. And, most damaging, is the obvious forgery as one doesn't have to be a handwriting expert to see the same handwriting on whole blocks of names. These were compiled by a woman's club, and they apparently just listed whoever they wanted to. Kind of like the current petition that is being compiled now called the kana'iolowalu petition made up of names stolen from previous lists, and lists of previous students at the illegal raced based Kamehameha Schools, without first asking them if they could. View them at: http://libweb.hawaii.edu/digicoll/annexation/petition.html
on June 16,2014 | 08:07AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
That's right there were no addresses, even in the US letters were addressed to people with just the name and city & state well into the 1900's. You act like addresses HAVE to be there. Nope. Most did not have addresses, and that is why they were not used. Age problem? They signed in support because they were literate and educated enough. Period. These are still far more than the 2% of the total electorate who voted in the Republic of Hawai‘i elections. So...... who cares what Kaulukou thought? He obviously represented a tiny minority of people. As for WIlcox, he said that Hawaiians held "2/3 of the vote in this country" That was a very clearly inaccurate exaggeration, not to mention that he referred to Hawai‘i as this "country". What country was he talking about?
on June 16,2014 | 08:43AM
DiverDave wrote:
Pure forgery, nothing more. And of course you put down great men like John Kaulukou, and Robert Wilcox. You're just a real piece of work you are David Rogers. You get an "F".
on June 16,2014 | 08:54AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Coming from someone who insists that menehune were real people, you opinion means zero. When do you plan on filing that lawsuit against me, KennyKKonklín/LíarDave?
on June 18,2014 | 07:40PM
DiverDave wrote:
http://janesoceania.com/hawaii_kauai_mythology/index.htm
on June 18,2014 | 10:33PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Wow! Mahalo for posting a URL with the word mythology in it that proves I am right and you are wrong.
on June 23,2014 | 08:39AM
holokanaka wrote:
&&&&&
on June 16,2014 | 09:05PM
DiverDave wrote:
holokanaka, David "Keanu" Sai has resorted to babbling. LOL
on June 16,2014 | 10:04PM
IN OTHER NEWS
Latest News/Updates
Blogs
Volley Shots
Fey, Enriques on MJNT

Political Radar
Wilhelmina Rise, et al.

Court Sense
Cold War

Political Radar
Climate change

Island Crafters
YouCanMakeThis.com

Warrior Beat
Empty pit

Political Radar
Switch

Political Radar
`Progressive hero’