Monday, November 30, 2015         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 1 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Police and Fire

For Thursday, December 20, 2012

By Star-Advertiser staff


Woman critically hurt while crossing road

A female pedestrian was in critical condition after a hit-and-run crash in the Punchbowl area Tuesday night.

Police said the woman was crossing San Antonio Avenue when a vehicle on Lusitana Street made a left turn, striking her, at about 9:27 p.m. The vehicle then apparently continued on, struck a parked car, and fled the scene.

The Punchbowl-area woman, whom the Department of Emergency Services described as 50 years old, was taken to the Queen's Medical Center in serious condition, police said. Her condition deteriorated and she was later downgraded to critical condition, police said.

The vehicle was discovered abandoned a short time later. The incident is under investigation.

Man in custody after 7-hour standoff

A 35-year-old Ewa Beach man was taken to a hospital for evaluation Wednesday after he threatened to blow up his house and kept police at bay for nearly seven hours.

Police said they were called to a home on Oama Place at 11:18 p.m. Tuesday after a woman said she received a threatening message from a relative living in the same house.

The man became upset after he was told he was being evicted recently and was acting erratically, the woman said. She told police that the man had threatened to blow up the house with cans of gasoline in a bedroom.

Police evacuated the area after confirming that the man was in the house and called in the Specialized Services Division.

The suspect surrendered at 6:45 a.m.

He was taken into custody and transported to a medical facility for an evaluation.

No injury or property damage was reported. The affected portion of Aikanaka Road was reopened at about 7:50 a.m.

2 men arrested in rental van break-in

Police arrested a 41-year-old Hawaii Kai man and a 27-year-old Waimanalo man Tuesday for allegedly breaking into a rental van at Sharks Cove Beach Park.

Police said a 32-year-old Pennsylvania visitor had locked his rental car at the beach park and returned a short time later to find the 41-year-old man inside.

The men fled in the 41-year-old suspect's car, driven by the younger man, just before 2 p.m.

An all-points bulletin led to police chasing the suspects along the North Shore. Police caught the 27-year-old driver and arrested him for allegedly driving without a license.

Police later found the 41-year-old man in Pupukea and arrested him on suspicion of unauthorized entry into a motor vehicle.

Police said no items were missing, but valuables were piled up near the van's sliding door.

 Print   Email   Comment | View 1 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

You must be subscribed to participate in discussions

Latest News/Updates