Quantcast

Wednesday, October 22, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Fire causes $700,000 damage to Kahului home

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 06:42 p.m. HST, Sep 21, 2010



A fire that did an estimated $700,000 in damages to the contents and structure of a house on Maui today was accidentally caused by an electrical problem, said acting Battalion Fire Chief Kapala Novikoff.

But no one was hurt, and a police officer and a neighbor were able to assist am elderly couple in evacuating the house yesterday at 237 Molokai Hema St. in Kahului, Novikoff said.

Novikoff said firefighters responding to a call for assistance at 12:29 p.m. took more than two hours to control the blaze at the single story, three-bedroom house.






More From The Star-Advertiser

Police and Fire




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News