Quantcast

Friday, November 28, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Neighbors, officer evacuate 100-year-old man after Hilo home fills with smoke

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 01:11 p.m. HST, Dec 05, 2010



 

 

A Big Island police officer and neighbors were credited with saving a Hilo home and evacuating the  100-year-old resident who apparently left a pot on a propane burner that burned and filled the Iloko Street home with smoke last night, Hawaii County fire officials said.

The fire caused minimal damage but the 100-year-old occupant was in the rear bedroom when the fire broke out shortly after 6 p.m. last night, firefighters said.






More From The Star-Advertiser

Police & Fire




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News