Quantcast
  

Wednesday, April 16, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Big Island firefighters respond to kitchen fire in Hilo

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:



An alert employee at Kunori Pacific College in Hilo is credited with putting out a stove fire in a campus apartment last night.

Big Island firefighters responded to the fire at 139 Kapiolani Street at 8:23 p.m. and found the fire had been put out by the unidentified employee using a portable fire extinguisher.

Firefighters ventilated smoke and fumes from the dry chemical extinguishing agent from the apartment, where three students live.

The fire was confined to the stove and kitchen hood. Damage is estimated at $5,000. 

Firefighters say a pot left unattended was the cause.







 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News