Quantcast

Wednesday, December 17, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Kalihi fire leaves 25 homeless

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 12:48 a.m. HST, Jan 30, 2011


A malfunctioning gas water heater appears to be the cause of an early morning  fire that left about 25 people homeless this morning, a fire department spokesman said. 

About 35 firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire on 1010 Rawlins Lane about 2:45 a.m., said Honolulu Fire Department spokesman Capt. Gary Lum.

One home was fully gutted, causing about $240,000 in damage, Lum said. The fire also damaged two adjacent homes.

Lum said it appeared one person was treated on scene for minor injuries after going through a window to escape the fire.

The American Red Cross has been called in to assist those displaced by the fire, Lum said.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News