Quantcast

Monday, November 24, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

HFD says stove caused $200,000 Mililani house fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 04:39 p.m. HST, Feb 25, 2011



A Honolulu Fire Department investigator has determined that an unattended stove burner which ignited a nearby plastic food container caused a two-alarm house fire in Mililani this morning.

No one was home when the fire began at 95-1065 Kopalani St., said Honolulu fire Capt. Terry Seelig. A family of two adults and three children was displaced and the American Red Cross Hawaii chapter is responding to its needs.

Damage was estimated at $200,000, much of it in heavy damage to the first floor where the fire began. There was moderate damage to the second floor.

About 35 firefighters from seven companies fought the 7:58 a.m. fire, which was reported under control at 8:12 a.m.

Seelig said a resident returning home discovered the fire and called 911. 

First arriving firefighters found a well-developed fire that extended throughout the house.

Seelig said the fire was contained to the house and did not spread to neighboring structures.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News