Quantcast

Thursday, September 18, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Faulty extension cord blamed for Waipahu fire

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 05:09 p.m. HST, Mar 05, 2011



A faulty extension cord started a fire yesterday that caused $450,000 damage to a home in Waipahu, firefighters said.

The fire at 94-449 Hiahia Loop started in a spare bedroom of the four-bedroom home about 2 p.m. and destroyed the home.

Two people were inside at the time. A man was injured when he went back into the house to rescue an elderly woman, who was already outside the burning building.

He was taken to the hospital for observation and released.

The American Red Cross helped the three residents.

Damage was estimated at $450,000.





More From The Star-Advertiser

Police and Fire




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News