Monday, November 30, 2015         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Quick action heads off fire at UH building

By Star-Advertiser staff

LAST UPDATED: 9:36 p.m. HST, Mar 11, 2011


Firefighters were called to put out smoke coming from an overheating freeze dryer in a laboratory classroom on the second floor of the Agricultural Science Building at the University of Hawaii-Manoa campus this morning.

Honolulu fire Capt. Earle Kealoha said the appliance could have caught fire if campus security had not notified the Fire Department immediately.

The only damage was to the device, Kealoha said.

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet