Wednesday, November 25, 2015         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Possible blaze averted in lab at UH

By Star-Advertiser staff

LAST UPDATED: 8:31 a.m. HST, Mar 13, 2011

Firefighters were called to put out investigate smoke coming from an overheating freeze-dryer in a laboratory classroom on the second floor of the Agricultural Science Building at the University of Hawaii-Manoa campus Saturday morning.

Honolulu fire Capt. Earle Kealoha said the appliance could have caught fire if campus security had not notified the Fire Department immediately.

The only damage was to the device, Kealoha said.

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Latest News/Updates