Quantcast

Tuesday, September 30, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Possible blaze averted in lab at UH

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 08:31 a.m. HST, Mar 13, 2011



Firefighters were called to put out investigate smoke coming from an overheating freeze-dryer in a laboratory classroom on the second floor of the Agricultural Science Building at the University of Hawaii-Manoa campus Saturday morning.

Honolulu fire Capt. Earle Kealoha said the appliance could have caught fire if campus security had not notified the Fire Department immediately.

The only damage was to the device, Kealoha said.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
Fore!

Political Radar
1994

Island Crafters
Proud Mommy Status

Wassup Wit Dat!
Got You Now

Warrior Beat
Back on the field

Small Talk
The arm touch

Political Radar
`Not an option’

Warrior Beat
Higa gets a shot