Wednesday, November 25, 2015         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Owners of tsunami-damaged property advised to report through referral service

By Star-Advertiser staff

LAST UPDATED: 7:37 p.m. HST, Mar 17, 2011


Hawaii State Civil Defense officials are encouraging people whose property, home or business was damaged by the March 11 tsunami to to report any losses through Aloha United Way's 2-1-1 information and referral service. Potential claimants include recreational boaters.

Operators at the 2-1-1 phone service will record damage reports and refer them to the appropriate agency. The 2-1-1 line takes calls weekdays from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.

"We will follow up with the reports we receive through 2-1-1," said Vice Director of Civil Defense Ed Teixeira. "Although the damage sustained in Hawaii is not as dramatic as what was experienced in Japan, there are still people here that need help to get back on their feet."

More From The Star-Advertiser

Tsunami briefs

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Latest News/Updates