POSTED: 02:42 p.m. HST, Jul 13, 2011
LAST UPDATED: 02:44 p.m. HST, Jul 13, 2011
Fire damaged a townhouse in Mililani this morning, displacing three people from their home.
Firefighters responded to the blaze on Kuahelani Avenue, between Meheula Parkway and Holaniku Street, around 11:05 a.m. and then reported it was under control about seven minutes later, Honolulu fire Capt. Terry Seelig said.
The fire was confined primarily to a living room or den and caused about $50,000 damage to the structure and its contents. But it displaced a young mother, an infant, and an older woman, Seelig said. The American Red Cross Hawaii chapter was called to assist the family.
The exact cause is still being investigated, although indications are it was eletrical in nature, Seelig said. He noted there were various electronic appliances, including a television and hair dryer, plugged into a single power strip.