Wednesday, November 25, 2015         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Cigarette tossed from lanai causes fire in Waikiki

By Star-Advertiser staff


A cigarette is suspected of starting a fire on the fifth-floor lanai of a Waikiki condominium this morning that caused $2,000 worth of damage.

Fire officials said the blaze was contained to the lanai of the condo in the Regency Ala Wai at 454 Namahana St. They believe the cigarette was tossed from a unit above the lanai.

Firefighters were dispatched at 8:43 a.m. and had the blaze under control by 8:52 a.m., a Honolulu Fire Department spokesman said.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Latest News/Updates