Quantcast
  

Thursday, April 17, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 112 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Federal agent accused in killing posts bail; knife recovered

By Gordon Y.K. Pang

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 03:20 p.m. HST, Nov 07, 2011


The 27-year-old federal special agent accused of fatally shooting a 23-year-old Kailua man Saturday posted $250,000 bail early this morning and was released from police custody.

Christopher Deedy, 27, an off-duty special agent with the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security who was assigned to help with security at this week's Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, is accused of killing 23-year-old Kollin Elderts during a confrontation at the McDonald's restaurant on Kuhio Avenue at about 2:44 a.m. Saturday.

He is scheduled to make his initial District Court appearance on Nov. 17 after being charged Sunday night with second-degree murder and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. He posted bail at 4:30 a.m.

A police statement filed with the court that would provide more detail on the crime and arrest will not be released to the public until after Deedy's court appearance, according to District Court workers. Police have refused to provide much information on the case, saying it is "an ongoing investigation."

Elderts was hit with one bullet to the chest, two other bullets were found in the ceiling and the wall of the McDonald's, according to a source who wished to remain anonymous.

The source also told the Star-Advertiser that a pocket knife was recovered at the scene but it is unknown to whom it belonged. The knife had blood on it but no one was reported stabbed, the source said. 

The State Department confirmed today that Deedy was in Honolulu to beef up security ahead of the APEC summit, which begins Tuesday. He has been put on paid administrative leave.

Attorney Michael Green, who was retained by Elderts' mother, said Elderts and Deedy got into an altercation at a nightclub and Deedy followed Elderts to the McDonald's.

Green said he plans to seek surveillance videos around Waikiki to see what led to the shooting.

Mayor Peter Carlisle, a former city prosecutor, described Saturday's incident as "unfortunate that it occurred during APEC."

"But is equally unfortunate that it occurred at all."

Sen. Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii, said his thoughts and prayers were with Elderts' family.

"I am confident that the Honolulu Police Department will handle this matter properly to ensure that justice is served, and that our community will be respectful and considerate of both the Elderts family and the national and international spotlight which is upon our beloved Hawaii this week," Inouye said in a statement.

———

The Associated Press contributed to this report.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 112 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(112)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
"He is scheduled to make his intimal District Court appearance on Nov. 17 after being charged Sunday night with second-degree murder and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony." Typo on intimal. Supposed to be "initial".
on November 7,2011 | 07:01AM
Aieagrl wrote:
This comment has been deleted.
on November 7,2011 | 07:36AM
mempachi wrote:
That is funny Aieagrl. Thanks for starting off my day with a smile.
on November 7,2011 | 07:52AM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Aiea Girl
on November 7,2011 | 08:12AM
DPS wrote:
Honolulu Hawaii
on November 7,2011 | 09:21AM
pakeheat wrote:
Honolulu, Hawaii
on November 7,2011 | 10:14AM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Pake Heat, or Chinese Torture. DPS = ???
on November 7,2011 | 10:19AM
Mulepower wrote:
Honolulu, Hawai'i
on November 7,2011 | 06:33PM
Toneyuki wrote:
When it's in the story, yes. When it's someone commenting, no. The writers and editors get paid for doing things correctly. There is nothing wrong with pointing out a typo so that they can fix it.
on November 7,2011 | 01:45PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Must have been because I was the first one to see the story. Happens. Like u may go two plus two equals four, two plus two equals four, two plus two equals, what??? Come on get real. Nah, things have to be idealized in school, so that the mind of a learning human being, with the nerve endings still growing, can become the best that anyone can be. Okay. 10-4.
on November 7,2011 | 03:03PM
Kapcity wrote:
Lol
on November 7,2011 | 06:19PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
I remember asking "out loud", via these forums, I think it was at the HA forum, what was "LOL". Of course, I could have Googled it, if I was in my Twenties, however someone just wrote to me: LAUGH OUT LOUD. So okay.
on November 7,2011 | 07:22PM
cojef wrote:
Seems Deedy called his Mom for support. Preliminary info indicates Elderts followed Deedy to the McDonald's after an altercation at a nightclub. Moral of incident, do not continue fight. Quit and run away! At least Deedy appeared to that. Needless to say a firearm need not have to be discharged. Call 911. pau
on November 7,2011 | 07:38AM
Anonymous wrote:
cojef............don't know where you're getting your information from. You must have an inside source. The article clearly says "Attorney Michael Green, who was retained by Elderts' mother, said Elderts and Deedy got into an altercation at a nightclub and Deedy followed Elderts to the McDonald's." So the moral to the story should be - Don't let idiots carry guns - especially those who stay out drinking and clubbing. Throw the book at the trigger happy fed. Hope he serves time in Halawa.
on November 7,2011 | 08:39AM
livinginhawaii wrote:
Looks like Gordon changed the article again to remove who followed who. He does not do a ggod job when it comes to obtaining all the facts before he publishes his pieces. Take a look at the garbage he published a while back when the girl driving down Beretania was being attacked by a guy with brass knuckles. He made it seem like it was her fault.
on November 7,2011 | 10:44AM
Anonymous wrote:
His account of who followed who as reported by Michael Green is still there. However, new info. regarding a pocket knife found at the crime scene has been included. I think it best to wait until all the facts come to light before we judge either the accuseed, the victim, and the story's author. However, the accused is still guilty of being stupid for clubbing and likely drinking while armed.
on November 7,2011 | 11:34AM
Anonymous wrote:
His account of who followed who as reported by Michael Green is still there. However, new info. regarding a pocket knife found at the crime scene has been included. I think it best to wait until all the facts come to light before we judge either the accuseed, the victim, and the story's author. However, the accused is still guilty of being stupid for clubbing and likely drinking while armed.
on November 7,2011 | 11:34AM
kaupani wrote:
" I think it best to wait until all the facts come to light before we judge either the accuseed, the victim, and the story's author. However, the accused is still guilty of being stupid for clubbing and likely drinking while armed." That's funny! On one hand you want everyone to wait until the facts come in before judgements are made, and then on the other hand you freely go about making judgements long before any facts are known! That makes you a dufus.
on November 7,2011 | 02:23PM
OB1NONO_ME wrote:
So in your superior mind and expert opinion, it's acceptable to drink and party while armed. BTW - name calling is a sign of limited intelligence.
on November 7,2011 | 03:20PM
OB1NONO_ME wrote:
So I guess you think it wise to go clubbing, drink and carry a gun. Name calling in an indication of an unevolved mind.
on November 7,2011 | 03:28PM
BIGDaddyD wrote:
This is what happens when you give too much authority to dumb f---s that are not responsible enough to handle the type of duties that come with their title. Too much abuse of title in the first couple days - even before APEC starts. You ask some of the other local guys how some of our "guests" are behaving. I say we divy out some local kine pay back!
on November 7,2011 | 07:42AM
SteveToo wrote:
Das da Aloha spirit BIGDaddyD!
on November 7,2011 | 07:51AM
LemonySnickets wrote:
Trying to act local, transplant
on November 7,2011 | 08:03AM
Hapa_Haole_Boy wrote:
Bruddah-- first of all, you don't know if this agent fired because he had reasonable provocation and/or reason to do so. Second, you say some "local kine pay back" is in order-- well neither do you know if the victim is a local. Finally, and this goes to all those above points-- you don't the whole scoops on what happened and why, so cool your jets with rattling off all of this pilau words. Yes it sucks that this happened, and we all hope everyone takes it easy this next couple of weeks (and beyond), but until you know what really happened, it's not cool to insinuate and make wild guesses.
on November 7,2011 | 07:57AM
Mikilai wrote:
I have to agree with you on this one Hapa Haole Boy. There is always two sides of the story, ... The story is just not fitting together for me at this point. Deedy's family and their attorney is making serious accusations without neither of them being there. I hope the videos prove them wrong.
on November 7,2011 | 08:15AM
ehrhornp wrote:
Didn't the article say that he followed the local kid to McDonald's? This is an officer of the law. He has no business following a kid after drinking at a bar. Don't they teach control in whatever agency he works for? He probably has done more damage than any terrorist for the next year in Hawaii. Makes one think about the value of so called homeland security. What a farce.
on November 7,2011 | 05:03PM
Hapa_Haole_Boy wrote:
Bruddah-- first of all, you don't know if this agent fired because he had reasonable provocation and/or reason to do so. Second, you say some "local kine pay back" is in order-- well neither do you know if the victim is a local. Finally, and this goes to all those above points-- you don't the whole scoops on what happened and why, so cool your jets with rattling off all of this pilau words. Yes it sucks that this happened, and we all hope everyone takes it easy this next couple of weeks (and beyond), but until you know what really happened, it's not cool to insinuate and make wild guesses.
on November 7,2011 | 07:57AM
maya wrote:
Are you trying to imply some payback, here? What a ridiculous and inflammatory comment. I hope the authorities are reading these statements, and increasing security. We do not have the whole story. I find it hard to believe that someone who graduated from college with a degree in economics, and scored a job with the State Department would be a less credible person than someone who got arrested for disorderly conduct and DUI. Compare the two lives. Wait for the evidence.
on November 7,2011 | 11:42AM
Anonymous wrote:
This comment has been deleted.
on November 7,2011 | 12:03PM
Vivgie wrote:
I concur.
on November 7,2011 | 01:01PM
Vivgie wrote:
I concur.
on November 7,2011 | 01:01PM
RKC808 wrote:
His parents should have taught him to NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT. There's been so much punks and fighting going on in that area for way too long. About time someone put one of these "mokes" in line. There's just too many punks here on Oahu now. So easy to get into trouble while minding your own business. I dont know if its the economy or what. No more ALOHA like before.
on November 7,2011 | 05:26PM
al_kiqaeda wrote:
Geez brah, cool it. Wait for the videos to start showing up...and ONLY THEN start to make CAREFUL judgements. Because video can lie too based on angles and depth perception.
on November 7,2011 | 12:25PM
Mikilai wrote:
I hope this was all in self defense, we see this alot in Hawaii when locals get drunk then they see a white or black man and think they can cause trouble
on November 7,2011 | 08:17AM
OB1NONO_ME wrote:
That's a racist statement if ever I saw/read one. Incidents like this one, occur within black, white, brown, or polka dot communities. Stupid is color blind.
on November 7,2011 | 03:33PM
sukebesan wrote:
Unless the Prosecutor's Office and State judicial system can try Special Agent Deedy without him being physically there, he will voluntaily disapper under a ficticious name and never surface in public again. The $250,000 bail money that was posted on his behalf was way too low.
on November 7,2011 | 08:20AM
mrluke wrote:
I think you watch way too many movies!
on November 7,2011 | 12:05PM
Mikilai wrote:
I agree
on November 7,2011 | 12:43PM
Maneki_Neko wrote:
Told ya - the details of this will be buried until after APEC.
on November 7,2011 | 08:41AM
serious wrote:
When a local has a traffic accident, the police post the name and the blood/alcohol amount. On a murder they do the same. Where is it on this POLICE OFFICER????? Did he OD on Big Mac's????
on November 7,2011 | 08:42AM
Toneyuki wrote:
They don't post it until the investigation is concluded, when it's as straightforward as a DUI, there really isn't too much to investigate the next day. 1. the person was driving, 2. the person had a BAC of ... investigation complete. In this case hey are still looking for information, it's common practice not to release details while investigating.
on November 7,2011 | 01:51PM
butinski wrote:
Way to go Peter Carlisle. More worried about APEC than a loss of life.
on November 7,2011 | 08:57AM
Anonymous_Sources wrote:
Hmmm. People can't bring a gun on a plane from Washington to Honolulu without a special permit to do so.
on November 7,2011 | 09:08AM
jimmyhouse67 wrote:
Ummmm, if you're a federal agent you are authorized to carry a firearm on board the aircraft. It doesn't matter what the domestic destination is as long as they have the proper authority and paperwork.
on November 7,2011 | 10:00AM
jimmyhouse67 wrote:
Ummmm, if you're a federal agent you are authorized to carry a firearm on board the aircraft. It doesn't matter what the domestic destination is as long as they have the proper authority and paperwork.
on November 7,2011 | 10:00AM
al_kiqaeda wrote:
I think a federal agent can carry on-board ONLY if they have authorization. Otherwise, they can pack it in their luggage, ammo seperate, just like you and me (yes, it's legal).
on November 7,2011 | 12:32PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Being an active duty federal agent is the authorization. They don't have to go through any special paper work above that.
on November 7,2011 | 01:53PM
mosquito96826 wrote:
Your right, my cuz is a fed agent and what you are saying is correct.
on November 7,2011 | 02:43PM
mosquito96826 wrote:
Your right, my cuz is a fed agent and what you are saying is correct.
on November 7,2011 | 02:43PM
BRock wrote:
Anybody can bring a gun on a plane in checked luggage. You should do your homework.
on November 7,2011 | 10:29AM
akamaiperson wrote:
"Mayor Peter Carlisle, a former city prosecutor, described Saturday's incident as 'unfortunate that it occurred during APEC. But is equally unfortunate that it occurred at all.'" Guess we know the City's true priorities here. Stay classy, Peter! Remember, the whole world is watching!
on November 7,2011 | 09:43AM
inverse wrote:
Only one side of the story has come out and the Feds/State/City will not release any additional information, because like some others said, they want this story to go away until AFTER the APEC conference is finished. The only thing that mattered on the gov't side was Deedy was released on bail and does not have to sit in jail for the duration. Will see if local boyz want to take this killing to the "next level" with other federal authorities in Hawaii for APEC. Probably not a good thing to do as they are completely out gunned and like Deedy, will not hesitate to pull the trigger.
on November 7,2011 | 10:04AM
Pocho wrote:
real classy victims friends using them racial slurs. Just like in the olden days at middle school as I remember the yearly "kill haole" day. Been too long out of school and out of the loop but I guess its still going on in our public school system.
on November 7,2011 | 10:13AM
popaa wrote:
Deedy showed extremely poor judgement in using a firearm to settle a dispute. This is especially so if Elderts was not armed. This lack of judgement should be the cause of his firing from the State Department.
on November 7,2011 | 10:17AM
JPG wrote:
Unfortunate my )( !!! How could they even let him out on bail!!! Self defense is a joke man, the dude followed him to Mc D's and then shot him. He went out of his way and had a firearm ~ Does not matter what happened in the nightclub GUILTY
on November 7,2011 | 10:18AM
BRock wrote:
Sounds like you have made up your mind without knowing all the facts.
on November 7,2011 | 10:35AM
Haumeakai wrote:
Just what we need. Trigger-happy federal agents shooting unarmed civilians. Perfect. Apec is off to a great start.
on November 7,2011 | 10:35AM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
I would think a good many people do not know anything about this case. I was walking on Queen Street near Bishop Street this morning, and a couple asked me where is Chinatown. I told them if u walk it would take u about 20 minutes to get there. Obvious, with their noted "accent" that they were here for the APEC summit.
on November 7,2011 | 08:13PM
pakeheat wrote:
You lost me here with your comment, what has this got to do with them not knowing how to get to Chinatown, with the shooting?
on November 7,2011 | 09:20PM
livinginhawaii wrote:
It is still way too premature to comment without all of the facts. Need to see surveillance tapes. Need to see alcohol/drug tests of accused and victim. Need to read testimony of witnesses. The one thing that we do know is that Carlisle seems to care more about APEC - that comment was in poor taste...
on November 7,2011 | 10:40AM
HoldEverything wrote:
so now we learn there's a knife involved, with blood on it. Who followed whom to the McDonald's will be made clear by the surveillance cameras. Witnesses will come forward from the nightclub and McDonald's. This will become a high profile case for Hawaii. Slowly, the truth will be revealed.
on November 7,2011 | 10:41AM
chryw8 wrote:
interesting that two bullets were found in the ceiling--warning shots?
on November 7,2011 | 10:42AM
KeithHaugen wrote:
Maybe he is a bad shot. Maybe he had no training with a handgun. Maybe he also skipped the interviews that would have kept him from being hired in a gun-toting federal job.
on November 7,2011 | 02:13PM
Vivgie wrote:
I don't think you're KeithHaugen. Just a phony who stole his identity.
on November 7,2011 | 02:27PM
lawrence22 wrote:
This is a federal agent for the state department, similar to secret service. He probably has had hours and hours of training on the gun range. Bullets in the ceiling are probably not warning shots, when law enforcement draws their weapon that usually means they intend to use it, they don't do warning shots. More likely he was in a struggle or pushed down and was shooting from his back.
on November 7,2011 | 03:18PM
lawrence22 wrote:
This is a federal agent for the state department, similar to secret service. He probably has had hours and hours of training on the gun range. Bullets in the ceiling are probably not warning shots, when law enforcement draws their weapon that usually means they intend to use it, they don't do warning shots. More likely he was in a struggle or pushed down and was shooting from his back.
on November 7,2011 | 03:18PM
ceny2 wrote:
First of all, we don't know if it was Deedy who got into an disagreement wtih Elderts at a nightclub, this info is coming from Elderts mom not law enforcement. And even if Elderts did get into it with someone, was it Deedy? or another tourist who looked like him. Green is saying things like it's fact but sounds like he hasn't even seen the survelliance tapes yet. Typical lawyer. We don't know all the facts yet.
on November 7,2011 | 11:15AM
chryw8 wrote:
typical michael green
on November 7,2011 | 03:15PM
Mikilai wrote:
"like"
on November 7,2011 | 03:18PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Correction, the statement comes from the attorney, not the mother. The mother only hired the attorney.
on November 7,2011 | 03:30PM
mrluke wrote:
Very strange! The "victim's" mother hires an attorney? "Honest" Michael Green at that - he comes pretty high-priced.
on November 7,2011 | 12:01PM
jess wrote:
Can you blame them for wanting the guidance of an attorney? I don't know what the facts are or any of the details except for what's been published (which isn't much). When the truth starts coming out in reports and when he is arraigned, I think I would want to have someone on the side of my dead son, whether he started the scuffle or not. I guess we will all have to wait and see!
on November 7,2011 | 12:11PM
Anonymous wrote:
This comment has been deleted.
on November 7,2011 | 12:02PM
Poipounder808 wrote:
If it was a clear case of self defense, the prosecutor's office would not have charged him. "pooling" a knife???? Is that anything like "pulling"? Sheesh.
on November 7,2011 | 01:42PM
entrkn wrote:
Green is the family attorney?... isn't he the one who is always trying to make garbage into gold?
on November 7,2011 | 12:38PM
Anonymous wrote:
Michael Green usually takes high profile criminal cases. Perhaps the family has done business with him in the past? As for Deedy, love the new photo. :-)
on November 7,2011 | 01:10PM
asiasky wrote:
This better not be white-washed. A young man is shot dead by a representative of our government, we need answers. He's arrested in the middle of the night, his bail posted immediately and he's roaming the streets. Who does he know? Why is his arrraignment after APEC?
on November 7,2011 | 01:24PM
scooters wrote:
There's always two sides of an incident. Just wit until it all comes out in the investigation.
on November 7,2011 | 01:31PM
saveparadise wrote:
Fact is none of us know what really happened at this point in time. The shooter was a well educated trained officer. People like this do not pull a firearm and start shooting without good reason or cause. Good discussions but I would lean towards self defense. Alchohol does not mix well with testosterone, machinery, good judgement, etc.. Honestly, why does it remain legal?
on November 7,2011 | 01:32PM
Anonymous wrote:
How does Michael Green know that they got into an altercation at a nightclub and that Deedy followed Elderts to McDonalds? If he doesn't have the surveillance video yet (which he obviously doesn't), then he talked to Elderts friends. Now there are some credible witnesses.....
on November 7,2011 | 01:43PM
10sfan wrote:
M. Green is setting the public up and maybe a few potential jurors to side with him during the trial by making these presumptions.
on November 7,2011 | 05:37PM
Bully wrote:
Federal agent with gun follows man to McDonalds where he planned to shoot him.
on November 7,2011 | 01:46PM
pakeheat wrote:
Assumption or Fact? Where you there?
on November 7,2011 | 02:01PM
Vivgie wrote:
Ay Chris brah! You look tired but hang tough. I know you can do it. You did the right thing under the circumstances, and most of us in Hawaii know what you went through. You won the fight exactly as you were trained to do and now must win the court battle. With the State department behind you you will be in good hands. Get bailed out and get some rest for the biggest fight of your life. We will be here to support you all the way. You did your job and killed a terrorist. Now all the others are gonna be scared to pick on APEC guests. You showed all the armed security how to handle situations like this. So be informed. We are on your side. The monkeys are on theirs.
on November 7,2011 | 02:11PM
KeithHaugen wrote:
I can't think of any reason why a federal agent -- trained or just hired off the street -- should be carrying a concealed weapon while off duty in Waikiki -- unless, of course, he planned to shoot someone.
on November 7,2011 | 02:15PM
Vivgie wrote:
It's better to have a gun and not need it than it is to not have a gun and need it.
on November 7,2011 | 02:23PM
Poipounder808 wrote:
Seriously Keith???? Pretty weak sauce. Hey remember this guy works for your hero Obama.
on November 7,2011 | 03:09PM
KeithHaugen wrote:
It seems very clear that government officials are "hushing" up this murder by a federal employee until after APEC. Not a good move in a free society, a democracy, trying to impress other countries.
on November 7,2011 | 02:22PM
TMJ wrote:
Come on Keith. We have invited the world to our house and someone took a dump in the kitchen. Would you expect anything less?
on November 7,2011 | 05:14PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
So are we to say that the deceased was a "practice" victim for the defendant, to "entrap" the defendant, so as to make our Federal Government look inept. Hardly. This was just a fun Saturday Night Out. And McDonald's no less, the most widely accepted place of "down to earth" people. Those two guys or three guys or four guys just had a disagreement about something and when push came to shove, the "weapon" was shown.
on November 7,2011 | 07:51PM
SmedleyFerndock wrote:
He is scheduled to make his initial District Court appearance on Nov. 17 after being charged Sunday night with second-degree murder and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. The preceding schedule indicates our independent judiciary follows the party line. The court case will not come up until after APEC. Our judiciary is part of the political process, so much for justice! Fair and impartial, I think not.
on November 7,2011 | 02:24PM
Denominator wrote:
WHat? are you suggesting a murder trial with less than a week to prepare? Are you crazy?? You're just making up stuff to fit your attitude! What do you think the normal schedule would be for anything like this?
on November 7,2011 | 03:46PM
Changalang wrote:
Certain federal agents have conceal and carry 24-7-365 nationwide. Having a couple drinks while off duty is not unlawful. Being legally drunk and killing with a firearm, if the evidence supports it, will be the only way to convict. Never bring a knife to a gunfight. Charges can be rescinded, but a suspect must be charged within 48 hours of being arrested. The Prosecutor's office is handling this situation very wisely precluding APEC. Honolulu political leaders must realize that Waikiki is looking pretty bad of late from the detached Federal Law enforcement perspective considering the fairly recent events at The Shack. Culture shock is a very powerful influence on profile impressions. Hawaii is a HIDTA regional hub and the presence of Federal Agents is going to be ever growing. This event makes Hawaii look like we are tolerant of hate crimes from the mainland perspective. Past events make us look too tolerant of localized organized crime. It is time for Hawaii to shift gears and get in sync with the new way of doing things. Honolulu seems out of control, and that isn't good for any of us who reside here.
on November 7,2011 | 02:41PM
Anonymous wrote:
I wonder if this case is going to be made into an upcoming episode of Hawaii 5-0.
on November 7,2011 | 02:56PM
Kawipoo wrote:
This guy looks like Rod R. Blagojevich the Illinois governor who tried to sell Obama's senate seat.
on November 7,2011 | 03:14PM
OB1NONO_ME wrote:
He also looks like he's under the influence.
on November 7,2011 | 04:07PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
His pic looks weird. I mean with that "cross-eyed" look. As they say, the TRUTH hurts. By the way, this is a private Jury Room, with all 9,999 of us, so I think this sample is Pretty Good, per Statistical Analysis.
on November 7,2011 | 07:25PM
braddahkeems wrote:
Wow, these guys are smarter then I thought...mysteriously, a Knife is found, WHEN??? The day of the crime or after ??? No knife wounds reported but there were blood stains on the knife... Now, we got people assuming the victim or one of his friends pulled the knife and Deedy defended himself...It could be on the money or way off but, learning from the 9/11 trade center and the pentagon incident, this seems like a repeat of COVER-UPS....Thank goodness I'm not naive...I ain't believing anything but black and white on what happened...Someone got shot and killed and so far, the shooter wasn't injured at all...What the hell was this guy up late in a bar/club with a "LOADED" Fire arm...Also, those of you who is saying, I won't judge until all evidence is in so I won't believe what this editor is writing but at the same time, believe what Carlisle said just makes me laugh...what if the editor was lying about that too, No, you only like believe what you want to believe...Sounds like my ex girlfriend, lmao Aloha everyone and keep the peace !!!!
on November 7,2011 | 04:19PM
Naloboy wrote:
I'm sure the Eldert family is just so very concerned with making sure this incident doesn't darken the (as Inouye put it) "national and international spotlight which is on our beloved Hawaii this week." Well Danny.....a bullet from one of the billion lawmen who are here to keep our people in line KILLED one of our own. I only hope that some of those expensive APEC security cameras that we urgently posted all over town for APEC captured this shameful incident. Even if Eldert started the fight there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER for this Federal agent to be haning out in Waikiki bars, armed with his side arm in the wee hours of the morning. BUT....Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We gotta keep this quiet or it might SOMEHOW cast a pall over the glorious APEC proceedings. What a shibai. What a shame. What a police state this state is becoming.
on November 7,2011 | 04:40PM
hawnpunch wrote:
Something not adding up right. KITV reported victim and suspect got into an altercation at SOHO in downtown and after a shooting at the Kuhio Ave McDonalds...
on November 7,2011 | 05:13PM
WesleySMori wrote:
GOTTA WAIT PEPOLES!! NO MORE NOUGH "IMPTS ON THE SITCH"!!!! "GOD BLESS HAWAII & AMERICA"!!!!!
on November 7,2011 | 05:33PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
What is the verdict, Madame or Mister Jury Foreman?
on November 7,2011 | 05:42PM
Anonymous wrote:
Grow up.
on November 7,2011 | 05:51PM
Changalang wrote:
Charges dropped in light of further review of evidence.
on November 7,2011 | 06:17PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Does anyone think that the deceased took his own life? LOL.
on November 7,2011 | 07:22PM
Changalang wrote:
I was only making an early prediction. The evidence may support a kill or be killed scenario with justifiable deadly force applied. Just don't be LOL if it happens as predicted. You may stand out in a sullen crowd.
on November 7,2011 | 07:53PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
This guy was a Law Enforcement Officer. Say if a member of HPD got involved in something like this. What would happen? Do we say that ALL law enforcement officers are above the law? I think not.
on November 7,2011 | 08:17PM
Changalang wrote:
The agent is under 30 and on an advance State department security detail for APEC (the big enchilada), meaning he has a stellar foreign service record to advance so far so young. He also came out of close quarter combat with multiple attackers as the victor. Look at his face; clean. The "victim" has an arrest record in the past few years of disorderly conduct and DUI. Hard to find a picture without the green bottle in hand. Those are facts that are historically evident. All the stories churning about what happened are in dispute and now there is an attorney getting in front of cameras trying to manipulate public sentiment. Before anyone concludes who the victim really was in this altercation, perhaps we should ask ourselves if we would kill by any available means if we thought our life was in danger. Those who have been mobbed know the answer. If the agent was legally drunk, then I hope he fries. If the agent survived a hate crime assault by multiple attackers with edged weapons whose arrest histories will be made public, then I hope he walks and does not judge all Hawaii by the worst of us.
on November 7,2011 | 06:15PM
Anonymous wrote:
Multiple of photos of a local boy with an alcoholic beverage in his hand speaks volumes. As for Deedy, my sources tell me that he appeared to have been drinking as well. Who knows? Until the investigation is complete, and the case proceeds to trial or is dropped, we'll never know.
on November 7,2011 | 07:33PM
Changalang wrote:
If his blood alcohol level was measured below legal limits, then that becomes immaterial. There are a lot of sources out there. The group in question were not strangers to trouble in Waiks. This thing will be tucked away for a couple weeks, though.
on November 7,2011 | 07:45PM
Mana07 wrote:
Changalang, I agree with you 100%. It is not difficult to imagine how this situation deteriorated to the point of the agent using deadly force. If he found himself to be in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm then deadly force could have been justified EVEN if this group (I fully believe it was a group not only the "victim" ) did not have or threaten him with a firearm. But, as you said, if the agent was drunk, I also hope he fries
on November 7,2011 | 07:55PM
HSB999 wrote:
Test
on November 7,2011 | 08:34PM
HSB999 wrote:
As usual, bad things always start at The Shack in the Waikiki Trade Center.
on November 7,2011 | 08:39PM
Papakolea wrote:
Way too little information to know what actually happened. Just wait for some real info to come out before we get too worked up.
on November 7,2011 | 10:53PM
Peacenik wrote:
One poster talks about getting "local style justice". We read about this kind of justice daily in the papers. Maybe time to change our local justice culture? Family members of person with prior criminal records, who gets in the news, get quoted in the papers, "he was a nice boy who would never do something like that, was very kind to nephews and nieces, tried to turn his life around, yadda yadda yadda."
on November 8,2011 | 07:15AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News