Quantcast

Thursday, July 31, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Kalihi fire that injured man caused by malfunctioning fan

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 04:33 p.m. HST, Nov 24, 2011


 

A two-alarm fire this morning in Kamehameha Heights was caused by a malfunctioning desk fan, Fire Department spokesman Capt. Terry Seelig said.

A man in his 70s suffered a minor burn in the blaze, and several of his cats died.

The fire broke out at 4:18 a.m. in a single-story, three-bedroom home at 2634A Kalihi Street.

Seelig said firefighters could see heavy smoke as they approached the home and called a second alarm.

The fire was "heavily involved" when firefighters arrived at 4:23 a.m., Seelig said. The fire was declared under control at 4:35 a.m., but caused "extensive" damage to the home, with a dollar loss estimated at $250,000.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
`Toss up’

Political Radar
Super

Political Radar
Hilton; Plaza Club

Political Radar
Direct mail

Political Radar
Direct mail

Aperture Cafe
Ramadan #latergram