Quantcast

Thursday, September 18, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Malfunctioning motorcycle causes Makakilo house fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 04:17 a.m. HST, Nov 29, 2011

  Jamm Aquino / jaquino@staradvertiser.com A small fire that started in the garage of a two-story home on Kulihi Street in Makakilo eventually engulfed a motorcycle and two other vehicles outside.

 

A Makakilo house fire was caused by an electrical malfunction on a motorcycle parked in the garage Sunday, a Fire Department spokesman said.

Fire Capt. Rick Karasaki said the  fire, which an estimated $130,000 in damage at the house located at 92-2045 Kulihi St. 

That includes $100,000 to the structure and $30,000 to its contents, including the motorcycle and two cars.

The fire was confined to the garage, Karasaki said.

Two residents had just returned home when they smelled smoke One tried to put the blaze out with a fire extinguisher, Karasaki said.

 





More From The Star-Advertiser

Police and Fire




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News