Quantcast

Wednesday, July 30, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Liliha fire victim died of carbon monoxide poisoning

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 08:59 a.m. HST, Dec 16, 2011



A 77-year-old Liliha woman who was carried out of her burning home Wednesday morning died of carbon monoxide toxicity from the house fire, the Honolulu Medical Examiner’s Office said.

Karen Chikamori lived alone in the Bachelot Street home.

Firefighters found her in an upstairs, back bedroom that the fire had not reached. She was taken in critical condition to the hospital, where she died.

Wednesday’s 4:44 a.m. fire also caused about $200,000 in damage. A fire investigator is still trying to determine the cause of the blaze, said Honolulu fire Capt. Terry Seelig.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs