Quantcast

Tuesday, July 22, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Two plumbers seriously burned in Hilo propane fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 05:36 p.m. HST, Jan 03, 2012



Two men were burned today in a propane fire at an apartment building in Hilo, Big Island firefighters said.

Firefighters responded to a report of two burn victims because of a propane release on the rooftop of Bayshore Tower at 84 Pukihae St.

Firefighters said paramedics treated the men and took them to Hilo Medical Center in serious condition with first- and second-degree burns to the face and arms. The propane source was shut off prior to the arrival of firefighters about 12:20 p.m.

The men are plumbers and were installing a fitting onto the propane tank or some other kind of construction work when the incident happened, firefighters said.






More From The Star-Advertiser

Police and Fire




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
VoteVets

Political Radar
Values

Island Crafters
Christmas in July

Political Radar
IBEW endorsement

Warrior Beat
Travel day

Small Talk
Counting coins

Court Sense
Old PGs go to work