Quantcast

Tuesday, September 30, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Haiku man injured in Maui house fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:



A 36-year-old Haiku man was injured today after his house caught fire in Maui.

He was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries, a Maui Fire Department spokesman said.

Firefighters were dispatched about 1 p.m. and contained the blaze to the kitchen of the home at 101 Huna Wai Place in about 20 minutes. Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was a coffee maker that was left on. Damage to the 500-square foot home and the contents was estimated at $40,000.

The American Red Cross was assisting the man's mother, who also lived at the home.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
`Side-by-side’

Political Radar
Fore!

Political Radar
1994

Island Crafters
Proud Mommy Status

Wassup Wit Dat!
Got You Now

Warrior Beat
Back on the field

Small Talk
The arm touch

Political Radar
`Not an option’