Quantcast

Tuesday, September 30, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Small electrical explosion hits Kaheka Street church

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 03:55 a.m. HST, Jan 13, 2012



A small electrical explosion at the Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church on Kaheka Street late Thursday morning caused about $10,000 in damage and sent one person to the hospital with possible smoke inhalation.

An electrical malfunction in an underground service line caused the 11:20 a.m. explosion to the church's switch panel, causing some damage to the church workshop and storage room and an adjacent bathroom, said Capt. Terry Seelig, Honolulu Fire Department spokesman.

A church employee was taken to the hospital with possible smoke inhalation, according to Seelig and a spokesman for the Catholic Church.





More From The Star-Advertiser

Police and Fire




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
Fore!

Political Radar
1994

Island Crafters
Proud Mommy Status

Wassup Wit Dat!
Got You Now

Warrior Beat
Back on the field

Small Talk
The arm touch

Political Radar
`Not an option’

Warrior Beat
Higa gets a shot