Quantcast

Friday, August 01, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Lanikai garage fire caused by electrical outlet malfunction

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:



Honolulu fire investigators have determined a fire to the garage of a Lanikai home earlier this month was caused by an electrical outlet malfunction that ignited in the garage, fire officials said today.

The fire heavily damaged the garage and destroyed a late model BMW sports car parked there. Smoke from the fire spread to portions of the three-bedroom, adding to an estimated $310,000 in damages caused by the fire that began at 5:25 a.m. Jan. 9.

About 20 firefighters from four companies responded to the fire.

Three people in the home at the time were alerted by a smoke alarm and managed to escape without injury.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
Maximum Ige

Political Radar
Maximum Abercrombie

Political Radar
-1.8%

Political Radar
`Trust’

Warrior Beat
Pre-camp notes

The Green Leaf
Marine debris art

Political Radar
`Toss up’