Quantcast

Tuesday, September 02, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Faulty electrical wiring is cause of Waianae fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:



Honolulu Fire Department investigators determined that faulty electrical wiring led to a fire that caused moderate damage to a two-story home in Waianae Sunday.

The Red Cross responded to the needs of a large family that was displaced by the noontime fire on Helelua Street.

Fire Capt. Terry Seelig said the electrical fire began on the first floor inside the walls and spread to the second floor. The blaze caused damage to a bedroom and bathroom on the second floor and to electrical wiring inside the wall.

Seelig said homeowners should have electrical wiring inspected periodically. Residents should be alert to odors, flickering lights, discoloration around sockets or switches or in the breaker box, as well as other signs of electrical problems, and have those checked by an electrician.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
Teamsters

Wassup Wit Dat!
Really… Wassa Mattah You?

Kaleo O Kalihi
Osaka Aug 2014

Wassup Wit Dat!
Have A Good One

Island Crafters
Show Your Support

Political Radar
Rejection

Political Radar
`You are my strength’

Political Radar
Rally caps