POSTED: 07:08 a.m. HST, Feb 28, 2012
University of Hawaii officials say payroll and student loan processing will continue without interruption after fire damaged a building where campus records were stored.
University spokeswoman Lynne Waters says most fiscal and accounting information is electronically stored off-site and paper documents affected by the fire will be properly destroyed.
The school says it has released a detailed memo to students, faculty and staff on where key offices are temporarily located because of the Feb. 12 blaze.
Fire officials say faulty electrical wiring in the fiscal building at the Manoa campus overheated and caused an estimated $1.25 million in damage.
The fire has been classified as unintentional.