Quantcast
  

Sunday, April 20, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Fire damages garage in Pahoa

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:



Hawaii County firefighters extinguished a structure fire that damaged the garage of a single-family house on Kekauonohi Place in Pahoa this afternoon.

The home was unoccupied when the fire broke out in the roofed garage, which was used as an outside kitchen, according to a county news release. Neighbors tried unsuccessfully to extinguish it before retreating when the flames came in contact propane tanks stored in the structure.

Firefighters arrived to find flames and smoke coming from the structure. They were able to bring the fire under control within 10 minutes and had it extinguished in less than an hour.

Damage was estimated at $1,000. No injuries were reported.







 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News