Quantcast
  

Thursday, April 24, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Bad electrical connection blamed in Mililani fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 11:16 a.m. HST, Apr 22, 2012



A malfunctioning power strip caused a fire that damaged two homes Friday morning in Mililani, a Fire Department spokesman said.

A fire investigator determined today that the fire was unintentional and began in a storage room next to a laundry room, then spread into the laundry room, said Honolulu fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

The fire started in the back of a home on Aumea Loop about 9:40 a.m. Firefighters extinguished the blaze in less than two hours.

Three people who live in the home got out safely and were able to later return. 

The fire caused about $85,000 damage to the home and $3,000 damage to a neighboring home.







 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Warrior Beat
One last fling

Political Radar
Phased in

Political Radar
Palolo v. Pauoa

Political Radar
Palolo v. Pauoa

Career Changers
Must Sea TV

Political Radar
HB 1700 — Day 4

Political Radar
Pass