Quantcast

Monday, October 20, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Defective hot water heater sparks fire to Hawaii island home

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 01:33 a.m. HST, Apr 23, 2012



A defective hot water heater sparked a fire to a wood-framed, single-family home in Pahoa's Black Sands sub-division that caused $3,000 in damage Sunday, Hawaii island fire officials said.

The fire was reported at 2:38 p.m. and firefighters had it under control at 2:55 p.m. and extinguished at 3:10 p.m., fire officials said.

The owner of the 700-square-foot home heard two loud explosions from the storage area beneath the home, fire officials said. 

The fire began around the defective hot water heater and partially burned an adjacent wall, support post and floor joists, fire officials said.

 






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News