Quantcast

Friday, October 31, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 1 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Firefighters extinguish fire in roaster at Lion Coffee

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 12:05 p.m. HST, May 21, 2012


An overheating coffee roaster kept Honolulu Fire Department crews busy this morning.

Fire crews responded within minutes to the Lion Coffee roasting facility in Kalihi from the Waiakamilo Fire Station, which is just around the corner from coffee facility on Kalani Street.

Firefighters found workers trying to cool down the roasting machine with garden hoses just before 3 a.m., said Fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

Firefighters turned their hoses on the machine, which had overheated and was glowing because of heat from a fire within the roaster, Seelig said.

It took a while to cool down the machine so it could be opened, Seelig said. Once the machine was opened, firefighters removed smoldering debris.

The fire was reported extinguished at 4:15 a.m. There were no injuries.





More From The Star-Advertiser

Police and Fire




 Print   Email   Comment | View 1 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(1)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions


IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News