POSTED: 06:42 p.m. HST, May 31, 2012
Firefighters determined a fire that damaged an Enchanted Lake home on Tuesday was started by malfunctioning electrical wiring in the wall, a Honolulu Fire Department spokesman said.
The fire caused $60,000 in damage and was determined to be unintentional, said fire Capt. Terry Seelig.
He said the rear bedroom where the fire started had heavy damage and another room next door had moderate damage.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire at 553 Pauku St. about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Four people live at the home, but no one was hurt.