POSTED: 08:31 p.m. HST, Jun 29, 2012
Maui firefighters sawed through a garage door to rescue a Napili Gardens woman who had called the fire department Friday saying there was a fire in the garage and that the garage door had closed behind her.
Firefighters saw light smoke when they arrived at the townhouse at 5432 Lower Honoapiilani Highway.
Fire crews used a saw to enter the garage at 2:20 p.m. and found an overheated garage door motor with combustion residue on the ceiling. There also was damage to a garage door panel. No one was injured.