Quantcast

Friday, August 01, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Tossed cigarette blamed for lanai fire at Waikiki Banyan Hotel

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 09:15 p.m. HST, Jul 13, 2012



A discarded cigarette started a small fire on an eighth-floor lanai of the Waikiki Banyan Hotel this morning, an official said.

No one was in the eighth-floor room when the fire was reported at 11:28 a.m. It was extinguished at 11:41 a.m.

Capt. Terry Seelig, Honolulu Fire Department spokesman, said officials believe someone on a ninth-floor lanai discarded the cigarette, which landed on a lanai below, igniting a chair and clothes that were on it. The fire did not damage the hotel unit. No one was injured.

The hotel is at 201 Ohua Ave., a block makai of the Ala Wai Boulevard.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News