Quantcast
  

Thursday, April 17, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 181 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Arizona sheriff says Obama birth certificate is fake

By Associated Press

POSTED:


PHOENIX >> Investigators for an Arizona sheriff’s volunteer posse say President Barack Obama’s birth certificate is definitely fraudulent.

Members of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s posse said in March that there was probable cause that Obama’s long-form birth certificate released by the White House in April 2011 was a computer-generated forgery. 

Now, Arpaio says investigators are positive it’s fraudulent.

So-called “birthers” maintain Obama is ineligible to be president because, they contend, he was born in Kenya. However, Hawaii officials have repeatedly verified Obama’s citizenship, and courts have rebuffed lawsuits over the issue.

Mike Zullo, the Arizona posse’s chief investigator, said numeric codes on parts of the long-form birth certificate indicate those parts weren’t filled out, yet those sections asking for the race of Obama’s father and his field of work or study were completed.

Zullo said investigators previously didn’t know the meaning of the codes but they were explained by a 95-year-old former state worker who signed the president’s birth certificate. Zullo said a writer who published a book about Obama’s birth certificate and was aiding investigators let them listen to an interview he conducted with the former state worker.

The Arizona Democratic Party said in a statement that Arpaio’s investigation is intended to draw attention away from problems within his own agency, such as hundreds of sex-crime cases that the sheriff’s office failed to adequately investigate over a three-year period.

A civil trial is set to begin Thursday in a lawsuit that accuses Arpaio’s office of racially profiling Latinos. The suit filed by a handful of Latinos will serve as a precursor to the U.S. Justice Department’s lawsuit that alleges a broader range of civil rights violations against Arpaio’s office.

Obama released a copy of his long-form birth certificate in an attempt to quell citizenship questions. His campaign declined to comment on Arpaio’s allegations.

But Joshua A. Wisch, a special assistant to Hawaii’s attorney general, said his state’s vital records are some of the best-managed and have “some of the strongest restrictions on access to prevent identity theft and fraud.”

“President Obama was born in Honolulu, and his birth certificate is valid,” Wisch said in a statement. “Regarding the latest allegations from a sheriff in Arizona, they are untrue, misinformed, and misconstrue Hawaii law.”







 Print   Email   Comment | View 181 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(181)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
false wrote:
Arizona IQ of -12.5 doesn't mean much. We would be on their list of aliens.
on July 18,2012 | 05:02AM
Highinthesierras wrote:
Are we? It would explain a lot.
on July 18,2012 | 06:18AM
allie wrote:
This so called pot bellied "sheriff" is being used by Lingle and the Republicans to sow doubt. Americans have become catutred by a very anti-American, radicalized, dangerous Republican party. Where is the sensible Party of Eisenhower?
on July 18,2012 | 07:17AM
control wrote:
Eisenhower?? Wasn't that at the peak of McCarthism and the communist witch hunts?
on July 18,2012 | 07:37AM
al_kiqaeda wrote:
heh heh heh...
on July 18,2012 | 11:26AM
honopic wrote:
Uh, excuse me, Allie. Could you please tell me what "catutred" means? I can't seem to find it in my Oxford English Dictionary. Lest you dismiss me as a politician of either stripe, let me assure you that I am independent and only seek the truth. Got any?
on July 18,2012 | 04:01PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Arapio is being used by Lingle? HAHAHAHAHA
on July 18,2012 | 09:50PM
loquaciousone wrote:
How come these birthers all have funny looking hair? Their hair looks like it's alive....
on July 18,2012 | 08:02AM
frontman wrote:
It is fake and a 10 year old could have photoshopped that fake.
on July 18,2012 | 08:20AM
thepartyfirst wrote:
Ever notice our names on the birth certificate and drivers license are spelled with all "caps?" Why is that?
on July 18,2012 | 10:12AM
honopic wrote:
If you're old enough, it was because they were printed on teletype machines (pre-1960s) or IBM "Selectrics" stuck in the 70's and in upper case!
on July 18,2012 | 04:06PM
W_Williams wrote:
I guess mine is fake, too.
on July 18,2012 | 05:15AM
kainalu wrote:
Exactly. That's what this loser Sheriff is saying - all of our birth certificates are phony. Just give me 30-seconds in the octagon with this fat loser ... okay, 15-seconds then.
on July 18,2012 | 07:30AM
olos73 wrote:
With a name like Arpaio, he sounds like he could have crossed the border illegally into Arizona. So, where is HIS birth certificate?
on July 18,2012 | 08:13AM
Toneyuki wrote:
So because someone has foreign sounding name, they might be illegal? Gee that's not racist at all, is it?
on July 18,2012 | 09:52PM
olos73 wrote:
If he wants to see Obama's birth certificate, I want to see his. Your name doesn't sound like American, so, can I see yours also?
on July 19,2012 | 08:38AM
clydek wrote:
He spent too much time in the hot, Arizona sun. He lost his ability to discern fact from fiction. And no matter how hard we try, this fiction will always remain a fact to him...and the donald.
on July 18,2012 | 05:27AM
pridon wrote:
Release Obama's transcripts. What is he hiding?
on July 18,2012 | 05:42AM
DowntownGreen wrote:
His transcripts are none of your business (or mine).
on July 18,2012 | 06:39AM
allie wrote:
Obama was a brilliant Harvard student. Poor old Bush and Romney were dunces.
on July 18,2012 | 07:18AM
jcole wrote:
Wrong about Romney; perhaps you meant Reagan. Romney excelled in Harvard Law school and the business school as well, a sure sign that brains and Harvard degrees don't necessarily give you common sense.
on July 18,2012 | 07:33AM
al_kiqaeda wrote:
Well, consider two other college drop outs Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Degrees mean too much. The desire to learn trumps all.
on July 18,2012 | 11:25AM
JPG wrote:
Too bad, a Harvard education and still a homophobe! What a shame
on July 18,2012 | 11:59AM
WesleySMori wrote:
Touche ALLIE!!!"" "TOUCHE"!!!! "GOD BLESS HAWAII & AMERICA"!!!!!!
on July 18,2012 | 05:17PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Allie said "Obama was a brilliant Harvard student" Really? If that's true, why won't he release his school records? I could care less about his BC, but what he studied in college MEANS A LOT.
on July 18,2012 | 09:54PM
Larry01 wrote:
Why in the world do you want to see his transcripts? Just because you don't like him? It makes no sense, just like the birthers and other crackpots who make these demands.
on July 18,2012 | 07:49AM
Toneyuki wrote:
NO. Actually we would like to see his transcripts, because what a person learns and studies in college is very formative on what they believe and advocate for in life. And he happens to be the most powerful person in the entire world. It would be nice if we know EXACTLY what he stands for.
on July 18,2012 | 09:56PM
oldertimer808 wrote:
HIs transcripts are his business not yours
on July 18,2012 | 08:59AM
Toneyuki wrote:
Wrong. He is the leader of over 300 million Americans. His schooling is our business.
on July 18,2012 | 09:57PM
olos73 wrote:
WHY? Does it matter if he graduated from a public school or private? Where did YOU graduate from, cuz YOU don't sound too bright. Only yap, yap, yap.
on July 19,2012 | 08:28AM
burymeagain wrote:
fail ......
on July 18,2012 | 12:46PM
Kaleo744 wrote:
Ok I give up I had mine faked,I admit it please take me away Im not worthy of being who I am I have been lost all of these years,I dont know who or I am. when are these guys gonna give up already...all of a sudden they found legitimate proof,sounds just like the pro rail guys trying to grab at anything to save their okole's.
on July 18,2012 | 05:37AM
1coconut wrote:
Me too, I flew in from Mars in 1964, one way ticket because I was a bad little martian. Do you think that idiot sheriff would like a copy of my birth certificate. The original is stamped by the birthing counsel of Mars for my big Uso.
on July 18,2012 | 11:10AM
soshaljustic wrote:
Wonder if the good sheriff will one day accept and care for people of other ethnocentric backgrounds? Some people's children!
on July 18,2012 | 05:42AM
peanutgallery wrote:
This guy has done more to uphold the law, and do it in a fair and cost effective manor than anyone else. The fact that the administration is going after him clearly indicates the he is on to something. The S/A article left-out the fact that :" Under Hawaii Revised Statute 338-17.8, a person only has to be an established resident of Hawaii, not necessarily a U.S. citizen, and pay taxes there for one year to be able to register an out-of-state or foreign-born person with an official Hawaii birth certificate." Didn't know about that one, did you? It clearly establishes the fact that a birth certificate from our state doesn't guaranteed citizenship.
on July 18,2012 | 05:43AM
KeithHaugen wrote:
Certainly you jest. Where have you been? Where do you live?
on July 18,2012 | 06:22AM
lucky181 wrote:
That is true. Look up 338-17.8. I couldn't believe it either until I read it. If the parents declare themselves as Hawaii residents for the year preceding the birth or adoption and pay HI taxes, they can get a birth certificate for a child born outside the state.
on July 18,2012 | 06:33AM
DinoMax wrote:
WRONG!! See: http://www.khon2.com/content/news/developingstories/story/Hawaii-DOH-disputes-latest-Obama-birth/m75ueZqzuU6cbGsQTD0QAw.cspx Read the bottom part. This section wasn't written until 1982. So it doesn't apply anyway!
on July 18,2012 | 07:15AM
lucky181 wrote:
Thanks, I didn't know it was passed in 1982.
on July 18,2012 | 11:42AM
Larry01 wrote:
Seriously, dude? So if the birth certificate doesn't prove citizenship, WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT TO SEE!?
on July 18,2012 | 07:58AM
frings wrote:
"Manor"? Please learn correct syntax before you spout off, loser.
on July 18,2012 | 11:06AM
honopic wrote:
10-4.
on July 18,2012 | 04:12PM
TigerEye wrote:
Using "manor" instead of "manner" is a vocabulary issue; not a syntax issue.
on July 18,2012 | 04:15PM
krump1_aka_protector wrote:
There's a reason for saying "no comments by the peanut gallery". You would've been great during the McCarthy Era, Salem Witch trials and the Inquisition. This is purely a 'witch hunt' motivated by desperation.
on July 18,2012 | 01:49PM
honopic wrote:
I wish I had a cost-effective "manor" instead of the little shack I live in. Then maybe I could drift off into dreamland and understand what the heck you're trying to say.
on July 18,2012 | 04:10PM
username_required wrote:
Mitt, show us your papers.
on July 18,2012 | 05:43AM
allie wrote:
Mitt's polygamous great grandparents were anti-American and moved to mexico to practice their evil ways. C heck his very bad and dark record.
on July 18,2012 | 07:19AM
Toneyuki wrote:
HAHAHA, Allie strikes again with stereotypical false allegations. You would be perfect for the Obama campaign team!
on July 18,2012 | 10:00PM
FAB4WOOFIES wrote:
I wake uo to more of this! I wish the issue would just go away..we don't need a Hawaiibirthgate scandal as it would impact THOUSANDS! .No need to have investigators looking into all of the birth certificates..I think maybe there are a lot of "artificially valid"(pardon my NewSpeak) Hawaii birth certificates..but it is too late to do anything about it because the statute of limitations has passed..people have been recognized for over 10 years as being citizens..so unless you can prove fraud (not negkigence) just get over it and move along! Can you imagine the trouble this would cause if they were to really to start checking closely on all of this? No , sometimes the truth hurts, but it is better to leave it buried!!! Maybe President Obama could do a blanket, mass, amnesty pardon for anyone who might not be a citizen. I think that could be the answer.I am sure the Supreme Court would uphold it. We sure don't need any"Chickens coming back home to roost".
on July 18,2012 | 05:44AM
lokela wrote:
These people need to get a life. Stop worrying about a birth certificate and worry about their own damn problems which we all know about. Arizona....home of the you know what... The man been in office for years and still they thinking about a birth certiticate. Move on I say...
on July 18,2012 | 05:47AM
kuewa wrote:
My birth certificate has similar codes: So even though I thought I was born at Kapi`olani, my mother obviously must have made a quick trip to Kenya, then faked the whole thing after that because she hoped that I would become POTUS. She even convinced Kapi`olani to issue the fake "long form" and post notices in the Star Bullletin and Advertiser. WOW. LOL.
on July 18,2012 | 05:48AM
allie wrote:
The drug addicted fat man that is a loud mouth and anti-American, Rush Limbaugh, said Obama was educated at the radical, anti-American muslim Punahou School. Check the statement on youtube. Republicans have gone off the deep end.
on July 18,2012 | 07:20AM
MKN wrote:
That's funny. I thought most of the parents that sent their children to Punahou were Republicans and the ones that went to Iolani were Democrats? Wow talk about stabbing your own people in the back! LOL!!! What did you expect from Rush anyways. The dude is crazy. He seriously needs to stop taking prescription drugs.
on July 18,2012 | 10:07AM
Toneyuki wrote:
Lies from allie again. Rush NEVER said Punahou was a radical, anti-American muslim school. You have gone off the deep end with your lies about Republicans.
on July 18,2012 | 10:04PM
honopic wrote:
No forget da plug u got from J. Akuhead Pupule! Dat was da clincher!
on July 18,2012 | 04:13PM
Hawaiianbob wrote:
The ignorant people strikes again. This is the same person George Lopez made fun of and he did not like it. So he challenged Lopez to say it in his face. Big WHITE TRASH.
on July 18,2012 | 06:02AM
adri1456 wrote:
And to think, I wanted to go to Arizona for school. If I did, they'd probably say my documents are fake also.
on July 18,2012 | 06:03AM
KeithHaugen wrote:
They have schools in Arizona?
on July 18,2012 | 06:22AM
honopic wrote:
Ho, bruddah Keith.... u got me wid dis one. I laff so hard I hadda go lua! Hana hou!
on July 18,2012 | 04:15PM
Hawaiianbob wrote:
People in Arizona should be ashame of this guy.
on July 18,2012 | 06:04AM
KeithHaugen wrote:
They are.
on July 18,2012 | 06:23AM
allie wrote:
Joe is a silly fool but he is being used b y the dark powers behind the so-called Republican party hon. Lingle did the same out here by using Evangelical Christians in her dishonest election out here. I know many of these people and they are bitter about how she lied and used them to get elected. Without their vote, she would not have been elected. Check the math
on July 18,2012 | 07:22AM
NiteMarcher wrote:
I like Lingle, and still do. I was always a democrat, but when I saw this woman run for Gov., it was then that I decided to switch over and became a repub* ~ I was ecstatic to see a woman finally reach the heights of becoming Governor in Hawaii & who eventually serve two terms. By the way, can you name me just one honest, straight laced politician out there in our state that has no skeletons in their closet? One can't live in such a small space and not know something about another here.
on July 18,2012 | 08:54AM
MKN wrote:
@NiteMarcher: From what I do know Clarence Nishihara and Della Au Belatti are honest and straight laced. I have never heard of any skeletons for these two people. There are probably others, but I am not sure.
on July 18,2012 | 10:13AM
krump1_aka_protector wrote:
Lingle is a pathological liar and was an embarrassment as a governor. .
on July 18,2012 | 01:56PM
Publicbraddah wrote:
Sheriff Joe, I think you have enough immigration problems in Arizona so take care of YOUR problem first. If you have concrete evidence that President Obama's birth certificate is false, take it up the chain but if you don't have anything substantial, drop it, you putz.
on July 18,2012 | 06:12AM
olos73 wrote:
Agree with you. But, like I said earlier, Arpaio's name sounds like he could be born in Mexico and crossed the border to Arizona. Where's HIS birth certificate?
on July 18,2012 | 11:59AM
Toneyuki wrote:
You do realize that there are a lot of Americans of Mexican decent that are LEGAL don't you?
on July 18,2012 | 10:06PM
olos73 wrote:
Yeah, and a lot of Japanese, Filipinos, Samoans, Thai, etc., but this Arpaio is an imbecile. If YOU were born in Hawaii, he might be questioning YOUR birth certificate too.
on July 19,2012 | 08:31AM
KeithHaugen wrote:
LOL. Some people will do or say anything to be in the news. There will always be one or two Republicans pulling this stunt to see their names in print.
on July 18,2012 | 06:21AM
loquaciousone wrote:
Yes and both of them are a bit narcissitic don't you think?
on July 18,2012 | 07:08AM
akuman808 wrote:
Arizona equals, Gov Brewer, Senator McCain, Senator Kyle and Sheriff Arapio. Nuff said, Arizonians have given themselves and the nation the title of the aughing stock of politics.
on July 18,2012 | 06:29AM
allie wrote:
true..but these fools are not the real danger. It is what lies behind them. Behind the closed curtains of money, power and greed.
on July 18,2012 | 07:23AM
honopic wrote:
Let's look on the bright side. Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas are pleased that the light is shining on Arizona. Makes them look (almost) good.
on July 18,2012 | 04:19PM
drgtherocker wrote:
This comment has been deleted.
on July 18,2012 | 06:36AM
loquaciousone wrote:
This comment has been deleted.
on July 18,2012 | 07:07AM
allie wrote:
true but like all crackers he is being manipulated from behind the curtain. Who is the puppeteer hon? Look behind the curtain
on July 18,2012 | 07:25AM
kolekole wrote:
Do I detect a hint of racism? Crackers?
on July 18,2012 | 07:57AM
Maneki_Neko wrote:
I like crackers. Pretzels are tasty too. As long as I get some beer too, otherwise they make my mouth all gummy.
on July 18,2012 | 08:23AM
Toneyuki wrote:
And you guys think conservatives are the racists? LOL
on July 18,2012 | 10:07PM
Tanabe wrote:
I wish this issue would die. Obama has less than half a year left in this term so regardless of whether he was born here or not (though I'm in the camp that say yes he was and shut up about it) he was our president for the last 3 1/2 years. It doesn't matter anymore. What do they hope to accomplish with this if he is proven not to be a naturally born US citizen? Not like they can erase the last 3 1/2 years. Stupid people.
on July 18,2012 | 06:48AM
tobyclairmont wrote:
This guy is a certifiable wacko.
on July 18,2012 | 06:49AM
allie wrote:
Yes, but he is useful to the rich
on July 18,2012 | 07:23AM
soundofreason wrote:
"Hawaii’s deputy attorney general, Jill T. Nagamine, confirm the state has a birth document on file for Obama. But she would not confirm on the record that the White House document matched what was on file with the Hawaii Department of Health.">>> Yeah, let's just blast away at the Sheriff's unpopular findings without any real answers to address the issues he brought forward. That's what "the smart" people do. :/
on July 18,2012 | 06:53AM
loquaciousone wrote:
An interview with a 95year old state worker? When I'm 95, I hope I can remember when I last changed my bvdees.....
on July 18,2012 | 07:06AM
beachbum11 wrote:
Can you remember now? Was it las saturday?
on July 18,2012 | 09:56AM
MKN wrote:
@loquaciousone: I would hope to be able to change my own bvdees at that age and not have to wear depends or something. Its funny that they never mentioned the name of this 95 year old person or if the hospital can confirm that she worked at Kapiolani or not during that time. I think they're just making it up and trying to distract from the incompetence of the Arizona Sheriff's Department. How can you inadequately investigate sex crimes cases, but have more than enough time to fly someone to Hawaii to check on the President's Birth Certificate? Someone's priorities are pretty messed up.
on July 18,2012 | 10:20AM
AniMatsuri wrote:
Even though Obama probably was born here, there have been inconsistencies in his story. Why was getting info like this like pulling teeth in the 1st place? We still have yet to see his any of college records even though we're told he's the smartest person ever to be president. This from the campaign that's demanding MItt release his tax records from the last 10 or so years. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses. If it puts Obama on the defensive, I say keep pressing the issue.
on July 18,2012 | 07:07AM
allie wrote:
None at all. Obama was born right here. It is an insult for the rich to keep saying Hawaii is bizarre, "foreigh," anti-American, etc.
on July 18,2012 | 07:24AM
AniMatsuri wrote:
Who are these "rich" that say that? Why do you want to play the politics of envy?
on July 18,2012 | 08:20AM
MKN wrote:
Well Rush Limbaugh is rich and he says all that kinda stuff. He called Punahou an Anti-American Muslim School! What's up with that??!!!
on July 18,2012 | 10:22AM
AniMatsuri wrote:
When did he say that? In reference to what?
on July 18,2012 | 10:37AM
nomakeshame wrote:
Actually I heard Rush Limbaugh say he "hopes Obama fails". Quite the anti-American if you ask me, sounds more like a jealous cold war Soviet Union/Iron Curtain comrade more than a flag waving United States citizen. Wishing Obama fails is wishing the United States fails because as you should very well know by now, the President is the image the world has of the United States, he fails, we all fail. The economy is in the tank, housing is tanked, jobs are hard to come by, wages and benefits are being cut to just above poverty levels but its more important to worry about a birth certificate. I don't get how people continually support the ridiculous antics of the "haters", especially when its you they are affecting in the long run.
on July 18,2012 | 02:41PM
kailua000 wrote:
you heard him say "hope obama fails' but like everyone else you did not use the words before or after. Heck even most republicans (including me) think Limbaugh (along with Hannity) are flakes. But on the left you have the same thing, people taking things out of context and making it worse than it is. Im so sick of politics its crazy.
on July 18,2012 | 02:51PM
AniMatsuri wrote:
That is well know and talked about. Did you hear Rush say anything about Punahou?
on July 18,2012 | 03:08PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Rush Limbaugh said "I hope he fails" followed by an explanation of why. If liberals would have said they hope Bush fails would that have been anti-American? No. It would have been a statement of having polar opposite ideallouges.

Hoping Obama's policies to fail because one believes they are bad for the country is as American as it comes. And looking ot how we have fared over the last 3 years, his policies have not helped much at all. We have a much bigger government, bigger debt, high unemployment, largest tax increase in history, and the most divided country in a very long time.


on July 18,2012 | 10:15PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Actually Rush NEVER SAID THAT. But liberals keep repeating it as if it's true.
on July 18,2012 | 10:10PM
loquaciousone wrote:
Donald Trump
on July 18,2012 | 12:20PM
dontbelieveinmyths wrote:
Please define rich.
on July 18,2012 | 09:08AM
NITRO08 wrote:
NOT YO!
on July 18,2012 | 12:23PM
loquaciousone wrote:
Too much butter.
on July 18,2012 | 02:34PM
Larry01 wrote:
Why the heck do you need to see his college records, AniMatsuri? I'm sorry, did that all of a sudden become a prerequisite for being president? People who demand to see things that are totally irrelevant are just showing their desperation in trying to discredit a man they don't like for shameful or ignorant reasons. Good luck with that.
on July 18,2012 | 07:55AM
AniMatsuri wrote:
No other President in history has turned down and made a state secret of such things like school records. When asked to see how they did, everyone else just shows them and we move on. It's not like we're asking for photos of his days as a druggie.
on July 18,2012 | 12:36PM
krump1_aka_protector wrote:
I'd love to see George Bush's transcripts. Oh wait, his teachers were probably paid under the table by papa. Never mind.
on July 18,2012 | 02:02PM
AniMatsuri wrote:
Old news. That is how we know Bush had slightly better grades than Al Gore & John Kerry.
on July 18,2012 | 02:10PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Actually Bush did post his college transcripts.
on July 18,2012 | 10:19PM
olos73 wrote:
So, where is it?
on July 19,2012 | 08:32AM
Larry01 wrote:
Really? Name me one president who was asked for and provided his transcripts.
on July 18,2012 | 04:33PM
HawaiiCheeseBall wrote:
Probably? You mean you think there is a chance he wasn't?
on July 18,2012 | 08:36AM
AniMatsuri wrote:
What are we supposed to think when it took such arm twisting to get him to 1st post his short form? Years go by before he shows his long form and then only as a computer file? If this is just to draw attention away from the horrible job he's doing as President and the fact he didn't even have much of a track record before being elected to anything, its working.
on July 18,2012 | 08:53AM
frings wrote:
What we should think is that these racists would never question the citizenship of a white person, born in Hawaii or anywhere else in the United States. These people are racists and can't get over the fact that someone that isn't "one of them" is the president.
on July 18,2012 | 11:14AM
AniMatsuri wrote:
You're that sure the left wouldn't be jumping up and down right now if Romney either refused and/or took years to reveal the very same things asked right now?
on July 18,2012 | 12:40PM
shshimizu wrote:
Frings you're right. No other president or want to be was asked if they were born in the U.S.A. They didn't have a name like Barrack Obama. Sounds racists by these facts. And because of his name, these repubs think he's a muslin. Ism is alive and well in our country.
on July 18,2012 | 02:25PM
Toneyuki wrote:
I'm pretty sure that he isn't a cotton fabric.
on July 18,2012 | 10:21PM
olos73 wrote:
Ooohhh, what a racist remark...
on July 19,2012 | 08:33AM
loquaciousone wrote:
SALTINES.. I tried CR..... but the comment went for approval..
on July 18,2012 | 07:08AM
soundofreason wrote:
I LOVE "crackers". So salty. (Guess I'm blessed)
on July 18,2012 | 07:24AM
keys4me wrote:
This is important, and I am very curious to know the truth. I think it should be vetted so we can move on.
on July 18,2012 | 07:14AM
NiteMarcher wrote:
After 3 long years and still counting down the days--with everyone from the tea party to Donald the Hairpiece, not one has proven his BC to be false. It's unbelievable how they'll go right down to the ink on the paper, the type of paper, the probability of a fraudulent computer generated copy which everyone in the nation now receives today...the word ridiculous just took on a whole new meaning.
on July 18,2012 | 09:08AM
kawika49 wrote:
Hey, most of us that enlisted in the service prior to 1970, were classified as Mongolians (they didn't have a Hawaiian, or Samoan designation.).
on July 18,2012 | 07:16AM
808Cindy wrote:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio doesn't represent Arizona well, He embarasses the State by continuing what has been proven to be false! People from Arizona should start speaking up against this kind of nonsense!
on July 18,2012 | 07:17AM
thanks4reading wrote:
Mississippi has to love arizona. Arizona has now become the but of american jokes.
on July 18,2012 | 07:19AM
nippy68 wrote:
hes the president of the kkk.
on July 18,2012 | 07:26AM
control wrote:
I can't see the moon clearly but it is obviously full of holes....it therefore MUST be made out of swiss cheese......god, what a bunch of dimwits
on July 18,2012 | 07:35AM
busterb wrote:
Thus proving that there is stoopid, and then there's Arizona Stoopid.
on July 18,2012 | 07:36AM
MakaniKai wrote:
Okay correct me if I am wrong - The requirement is U.S citizen by birth. Meaning you can be born in a foreign country as long as one of your parents if a bonafide U.S. citizen. Thus; making you a U.S. citizen. The President’s mother was a U.S. citizen (born in Kansas) and I personally doubt that she travelled to Kenya in 1961 at the age of 19 to give birth. Even today a journey to Kenya from Hawaii would be exhausting, let alone being pregnant. E’nuff already! Aloha.
on July 18,2012 | 07:37AM
b_ryan wrote:
People have to get over this! The Sheriff should be focusing the time and money wasted on this issue on things that are more important! Get over it and move on!
on July 18,2012 | 07:43AM
bleedgreen wrote:
Why doesn't the state of Hawaii file suit against Arizona for defamation of the State's credibility and honor? Can they? Will they? Let's put this to bed once and for all. I am just tired of other states and political groups poking at Hawaii's honor. To shy away only lends fuel to the fire.
on July 18,2012 | 07:45AM
busterb wrote:
You know I just had the same thought. This used to be Obama's problem, but now it's an insult to our State. I think the Director of the DOH should address this.
on July 18,2012 | 07:50AM
NITRO08 wrote:
YES LOOK AT THE VIDEO HE IS PUTTING DOWN HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on July 18,2012 | 08:52AM
aloha101 wrote:
Obviously, the power behind this mess are the Republicans using Arizona Joe to be their puppet... Get a life people... They probably think we still live in grass shacks too. Aloha!!!
on July 18,2012 | 07:53AM
Living_Large wrote:
I'll be glad when the Kenyan is voted out of office in November!
on July 18,2012 | 08:12AM
NITRO08 wrote:
FOR WHO MITT I DON'T THINK SO. HE'S PART OF THE PROBLEM SENDING COMPANY'S OVERSEA'S FOR CHEAP LABOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on July 18,2012 | 08:42AM
dontbelieveinmyths wrote:
But you don't grumble when you buy your goods for less.
on July 18,2012 | 09:11AM
Toneyuki wrote:
Can you point to a single company that he sent overseas? Just because Obama said so in a commercial doesn't make it true.
on July 18,2012 | 10:24PM
Larry01 wrote:
Are you talking about the Kenyan presidential election? Because there's no Kenyan in the White House, dude. Pathetic.
on July 18,2012 | 04:36PM
ricekidd wrote:
All these comments surpporting Pres.Obama.... Most of you here posting your comments have no idea what is the truth, and what is false. Most of you people live your life listening and believing everything the so called "Good Government" tells you or shows you with their propaganda. TV, Magazine,Internet... I would give this Man(Sheirf) my time and hear him out. He is saying the documents is fake... Most people who is not on the Payroll(State) who seen the document says its kinda fishy.... Like my Father who was working as a spook used to say"When in doubt, Doubt it." "Remember...Nothing you see is real, but what (they) want you to see is the truth... Something to think about. My father used to say" when in Doubt, Doubt it! do your own research, and come up with your own answer." "don't let someone else think for you." Something for all Americans to think about...
on July 18,2012 | 08:13AM
MakaniKai wrote:
Answered my question from previous post: http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html • Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:" • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time) Stanley Ann Dunham – The Presidents birth mother born in Kansas to parents who were both U.S. citizens. WTF are people missing here? Hawaii stand up and say – “ALL PAU moving on”. Aloha.
on July 18,2012 | 09:05AM
mamacita808 wrote:
You're wrong. I don't necessarily agree or support Obama, but I'm smart enough to know that this birther issue is full of baloney. Arpaio is an idiot, trying to deflect attention off himself because of all the scandals his department is currently under investigation for.
on July 18,2012 | 01:50PM
stanislous wrote:
Attack the messenger, and ignore the message. LOL LOL LOL
on July 18,2012 | 08:17AM
Maneki_Neko wrote:
The really sad part is that Kenya has a better economy.
on July 18,2012 | 08:24AM
johnd wrote:
IRT AniMatsuri, one possible reason why Oblama has spent so much effort and money to keep his college records from public view is that they could include his admission records, and show he was gaming the system. By this I mean that, despite a lack of visible evidence that he, or his family, could afford the expense of a school like Harvard, and his lack of academic standing that would warrant full, or partial scholarship funding, he was still able to be admitted. Keep in mind that "Affermative Action" programs were in full swing during his college age years, and schools of higher learning had a quota for admission of minority students. Also, the same federal program (i,e., sponsoship of minority students from other counties) that brought his father to the University of Hawaii, were in place. The point being, is that when it would be to his advantage, Obama may very well, on his admission application, listed his place of birth as Kenya. That mistake is now back to haunt him, and is worth the effort and money to keep it hidden.
on July 18,2012 | 08:22AM
NITRO08 wrote:
johnd: STOP MAKING UP LIE'S!
on July 18,2012 | 08:43AM
Toneyuki wrote:
Did you miss the part where he said "one possible reason"? That means that what follows is speculation, not meant to be a statement of fact.
on July 18,2012 | 10:27PM
Notawannabe wrote:
This comment has been deleted.
on July 18,2012 | 08:23AM
NITRO08 wrote:
YES THE SHERIFF LOOKS LIKE THE PRESIDENT OF THE KKK!
on July 18,2012 | 08:45AM
Toneyuki wrote:
He looks like a Democrat?
on July 18,2012 | 10:28PM
clintau wrote:
Yup...I guess mine is fake as well. Wait?...so that means I have been paying State Income Tax all these years when I didn't have to? Dammit, I demand a refund!!!
on July 18,2012 | 08:32AM
Toneyuki wrote:
Nah, da govmint takes taxes from everybody (that makes money), citizenship not required.
on July 18,2012 | 10:29PM
HEARTOHEART wrote:
This man is part of conspiracy book sellers ...that need publicity to sell their books ...Is the Sheriff getting a kick back or is he writhing his own book? This man is really telling the authority of Hawaii that they are liars ...deceivers ... He is just a fat red neck ...would not be surprise that this JOE and his daddy are undercover KLU KLUX KLAN
on July 18,2012 | 08:38AM
NITRO08 wrote:
OH BY THE WAY LOOK AT THE VIDEO DIDN'T SEE ANY PEOPLE OF COLOR ONLY WHITE MEN.
on July 18,2012 | 08:48AM
oldertimer808 wrote:
Another misinformed individual go back to Arizona
on July 18,2012 | 08:59AM
NigelB wrote:
Im sick of hearing about this birther issue! Move on! My birth certificate looks exactly like the POTUS. Does that mean I'm from Korea?
on July 18,2012 | 09:11AM
oldertimer808 wrote:
Who do these people think coming into our State and profiling our community and insulting our State with their ridiculous statements. Oh I'm sorry the authorities in Arizona knows better than most states.
on July 18,2012 | 09:17AM
GorillaSmith wrote:
My goodness, how it makes the Obamatons apoplectic when anyone brings up this inconvenient truth. The likely fact that he was not born in the US is not really the issue. The point is that he's the worst president in US history - and that includes his inept role models Carter and Bush 43. Mitt isn't exactly Abe Lincoln but he will be a dramatic improvement over this bumbler. There's still 6 months and 2 days left in this farce; here's hoping the nation can survive his incompetence.
on July 18,2012 | 09:19AM
IEBuzzin wrote:
Puni, puni, and more puni.....oh and Gong!!!
on July 18,2012 | 11:36AM
livinginhawaii wrote:
I was born a day before Barry at Kapiolani Hospital and I don't recall seeing him there so there must be some validity to this. Ya'all need to move on with your lives and face the fact that he is President. Continue to read and believe in the supermarket hot sheets....MIB
on July 18,2012 | 09:19AM
MKN wrote:
@livinginhawaii: Of course you wouldn't remember seeing him there! Babies have poor eyesight for the first six to eight months of their lives. If you don't believe me, ask a baby doctor. LOL!!!
on July 18,2012 | 10:35AM
livinginhawaii wrote:
Oh ok I will ask a baby doctor. Continue to read and believe in the supermarket hot sheets....MIB
on July 18,2012 | 11:15AM
BlueDolphin53 wrote:
I'm not an Obama fan, but really, these birther have to let this go. They are coming across as loons.
on July 18,2012 | 09:54AM
hawaiidreaming50 wrote:
I wonder if any of this would be happening if Obama wasn't African-American? I also wonder IF he was not a U.S. citizen if the bills he signed would be considered invalid. That means Health Care would be gone as would other things. That would mean the last 3 1/2 years would have been wasted and so would all the money that has come out of pockets paid to people who have done very little. I think the Republicans are still embarrassed by having Palin as McCain's running mate. This election is going to be very costly and very nasty. And when it is over, I see 4 more years of gridlock and the losers are us.
on July 18,2012 | 10:17AM
AniMatsuri wrote:
When all else fails , play the race card. Who says gridlock is always bad? Don't we have enough laws weighing us down already?
on July 18,2012 | 10:44AM
Toneyuki wrote:
Actually most republicans are embarrassed that McCain was Palins running mate. She could have done better.
on July 18,2012 | 10:32PM
olos73 wrote:
Yeah, should've been Romney.
on July 19,2012 | 08:35AM
Mallory wrote:
the sheriff needs to hire investigators to solve those sex assault cases rather than pursuing political agenda
on July 18,2012 | 10:36AM
loquaciousone wrote:
I bet the pink panties he bought for his inmates makes him the most popular guy in the county.
on July 18,2012 | 11:52AM
Toneyuki wrote:
Larry Sinclair
on July 18,2012 | 10:34PM
frings wrote:
East Coast Italian. Ties to the Mafia, don't you know. Aren't all Italians?
on July 18,2012 | 11:07AM
Manoa_Fisherman wrote:
As they use to say at the end of Warner Bros. Looney Toons, "THAT'S ALL FOLKS!"
on July 18,2012 | 11:22AM
IEBuzzin wrote:
The short-form copy sent to me by the DoH enabled me to get a California State ID card as opposed to using my Hawai'i State ID card which wasn't acceptable for the application....long or short form, if it's DoH issued it'll stand up in court. How shame for Arizona to have such stupid people in positions of authority, maybe the drought is affecting their thinking, lolo.....
on July 18,2012 | 11:27AM
Bergonia wrote:
Below is the law pertaining to birth certificates in Hawaii in 1961. I found this on the internet, so you need to verify on your own if the section used as references are accurate. Is it "possible" the President has a "b" or "c" type"? Yes Is it "probable"? doubtful. "c" type says "born in Hawaii" but the proof could be anything as long as the Lt. Governor approves it. In the State of Hawaii, back in 1961, there were three different birth certificates that were obtainable: a. If the birth was attended by a physician or mid wife, the attending medical professional was required to certify to the Department of Health the facts of the birth date, location, parents’ identities and other information. (See Section 57-8 & 9 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961). b. In 1961, if a person was born in Hawaii but not attended by a physician or mid wife, then, up to the first birthday of the child, an adult could, upon testimony, file a “Delayed Certificate”, which required endorsement on the Delayed Certificate of a summary statement of the evidence submitted in support of the acceptance for delayed filing, which evidence must be kept in a special permanent file. The statute provided that the probative value of the Delayed Certificate must be determined by the judicial or administrative body or official before whom the certificate is offered as evidence. (See Section 57-18, 19 & 20 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961). c. If a child born in Hawaii, for whom no physician or mid wife filed a certificate of live birth, and for whom no Delayed Certificate was filed before the first birthday, then a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth could be issued upon testimony of an adult including the subject person) if the Lieutenant Governor was satisfied that a person was born in Hawaii, provided that the person had attained the age of one year. (See Section 57-40 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961)
on July 18,2012 | 11:32AM
loquaciousone wrote:
Oh well things could be worse. He could be living in Hawaii then we would have to deal with this nut everyday instead of him popping up once in a while like a gopher waiting for the springthaw.
on July 18,2012 | 11:42AM
WesleySMori wrote:
Touche LOQUACIOUSONE!! "TOUCHE"!!! "LOL"!!!!!! :-).!!!
on July 18,2012 | 05:43PM
JPG wrote:
All for more attention. get over it!
on July 18,2012 | 11:58AM
krump1_aka_protector wrote:
Arpaio is the classic example of the Peter Principle where people are promoted to their level of incompetence, lol.
on July 18,2012 | 02:16PM
nomakeshame wrote:
In a video interview, Sheriff Joe was asked if he would stop the President's motorcade, if it travelled through Maricopa County, he refused to answer the question. Anybody from Hawaii travelling through Maricopa County better carrying U.S. passports, otherwise, you might end up being deported to..I don't know..the sane part of the United States.
on July 18,2012 | 02:26PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Or just carry your ID like 99% of people do anyway.
on July 18,2012 | 10:36PM
kailua000 wrote:
I believe Obama was born in Hawaii BUT dont let someone working for the state tell me we have some of the best kept records. They are probably in a box that can go up in flames. oh wait that was UH, part of the state.
on July 18,2012 | 02:49PM
stingray65 wrote:
If Obama was born in Hawaii, why and how did he get his Social Security Number in New Heaven, CT? His SS number should come from State of Hawaii. please someone smart enough to answer that question?
on July 18,2012 | 03:26PM
nomakeshame wrote:
www.socialsecurity.gov and btw, I was smart enough to look it up myself.
on July 18,2012 | 04:51PM
kahu808 wrote:
You get your SS number from wherever you're at when you apply for it. There's no requirement to get the SS number from where you're born. I'm sure you have the ability to find that out for yourself.
on July 18,2012 | 05:19PM
stingray65 wrote:
Let us wait and see where are they going to build Obama Library? Chicago or Hawaii. Most President build their library from the State they were born. Maybe Kenya?
on July 18,2012 | 03:31PM
nomakeshame wrote:
Most, except for Reagan, who was born in Illinois, library in California. So, there goes that theory..try again.
on July 18,2012 | 04:55PM
WesleySMori wrote:
WELL, "SHERIFF JOE ARPAIOS" YOU ARE DOING IT AGAIN"!!!!. "GRASPING AT STRAWS"!!! SO "SHERIFF JOE ARPAIOS" ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU IS, "FOR SHAME, FOR SHAME"!!!!! "GOD BLESS THE "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"!!!!!!!
on July 18,2012 | 05:59PM
beebler wrote:
*yawn* Arizona huh.
on July 18,2012 | 06:08PM
Toneyuki wrote:
Oh and BTW, Corporations are people. The Supreme court said so!
on July 18,2012 | 10:37PM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News