Quantcast

Friday, October 31, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Unattended cooking fire leaves Kahului woman homeless

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 04:13 a.m. HST, Jul 25, 2012



One woman was left homeless in an unattended cooking fire Tuesday in Kahului.

Maui firefighters were sent to the Harbor Lights condominium complex at 111 Kahului Beach Road at 5:43 p.m. and found smoke coming from a fourth floor window, a Maui Fire Department spokesman said.

The fourth floor residents were evacuated and crews brought the fire under control at 6:03 p.m. The fire was contained to the room of origin and caused about $40,000 in damage, the spokesman said.

Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was unattended cooking. The Red Cross was helping the displaced woman.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News