Quantcast

Monday, July 28, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Water heater douses its own fire in Kapahulu

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 05:53 a.m. HST, Jul 29, 2012



A Kapahulu resident caught a lucky break when a water heater on the lanai of her apartment caught on fire late Saturday afternoon.

According to Honolulu Fire Department spokesperson Capt. Carlton Yamada, the fire caused a water pressure line on the heater to rupture, in turn dousing the fire with spraying water.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction. Damages included $500 to the structure and $400 to its contents.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
On policy

Warrior Beat
Apple fallout

Wassup Wit Dat!
Can You Spock ‘Em?

Warrior Beat
Meal plan

Volley Shots
Fey, Enriques on MJNT

Political Radar
Wilhelmina Rise, et al.

Court Sense
Cold War