POSTED: 04:47 p.m. HST, Sep 04, 2012
LAST UPDATED: 04:47 p.m. HST, Sep 04, 2012
Honolulu Fire Department investigators said today the fire that destroyed three vehicles at a Kaneohe townhouse complex Monday was caused by a malfunction in the engine compartment of one of the vehicles.
The fire originated with a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck in the parking lot of the Yacht Club Knolls complex on Olina Street. The fire spread downwind to two sport utility vehicles, a Ford Explorer and Honda Pilot, consuming both.
Damage was estimated at $15,000 for each vehicle.
A Lexus sedan on the other side of the Silverado was also damaged by radiating heat. Damage to that vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
No injuries were reported and no structures were damaged.